Battery/radio/other issues

uglyyeti

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Where do I start? Unrooted, 2.1-u1 EA28

Phone was great for a month. After that brief honeymoon, battery started dying within a few hours - well chronicled in another thread. Landshark came to the rescue with JuiceDefender - which worked quite well for a while - battery lasted up to 2 days again. Seemed to work for a few weeks.

Problem then became missing lots of calls - voice mails would pop up sometimes an hour later. I missed three calls from my patent attorney in one afternoon (probably billed my company a few hundred bucks a voicemail). Emails wouldn't send because the radio wouldn't wake up. Text messages wouldn't download pictures or send when I needed them too. It's like JuiceDefender was turning stuff off to save juice and the phone didn't want to turn the right stuff back on. Battery life was fantastic, but the phone was as useful as a rock in my pocket.

I uninstalled JD, and the battery is back to sucking. I installed aLogcat to try to get a handle on what's going on. I'm not informed enough to decipher everything I'm seeing, but it's really busy.

My corporate exchange server is set to push - it hits the 3G connection every 5 seconds or so. If I switch it from Push to 5 minutes, the 3G icon sets quickly to "D" and doesn't always wake up again. Push gets my emails faster than my laptop. 5 minutes usually gets them after a battery pull. Also using K-9 for personal email.

I live in urban Charlotte - we have decent 3G everywhere - not a lot of interference - especially at home and office - it isn't the signal dropping. This phone is driving me nuts - I'm not trying to do anything special - phone/text/pictures/gps - the basics. I've loaded very few apps and unloaded almost all of them. I don't even care about froyo at this point - I just need a phone.

Is there an easy do-over reset with this thing? Any ideas or advice?

thornbeck

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Take a look at your "Time without a signal".

Goto Applications > Settings > About phone > Battery use > Cell Standby

What's your "Time without a signal"? I have seen mine hit over 50% and sometimes close to 70%.

I've been to the Verizon Wireless store and they have swapped out my phone. Still lousy battery life and high % of "Time without a signal". I am also right in the middle of three Verizon cell towers during the work day. My phone's been on for 12 hours, 23% of that time has been without a signal and my battery is at 56%. But I have not placed any calls and did very little browsing or app usage today.

My original phone seemed to operate great for the first month or two, then it went down hill.

This seems to be a common occurrence with the Fascinate users lately. :(

- Tim

uglyyeti

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What's your "Time without a signal"? I have seen mine hit over 50% and sometimes close to 70%.

Mine's only at 13%, but I have my exchange email on push so it's pinging every 5 seconds - the connection isn't shutting off now.

Also took mine in a month ago and they gave me new battery (made no difference).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084