I can't download apps.

sroake4

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My SF has suddenly stopped letting me download or install apps from the market Through either the android market or app brain. When I click install, it says your item will be downloaded, but it never starts and there is no notification in the notification bar. Also, my Gmail no longer automatically syncs / refreshes. No notifications. What could cause this ? I am running EA28 rooted and debloated (for the last 30 days with no problems until wednesday) and no other custom mods.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My SF has suddenly stopped letting me download or install apps from the market Through either the android market or app brain. When I click install, it says your item will be downloaded, but it never starts and there is no notification in the notification bar. Also, my Gmail no longer automatically syncs / refreshes. No notifications. What could cause this ? I am running EA28 rooted and debloated (for the last 30 days with no problems until wednesday) and no other custom mods.

go to settings>applications>manage applications>market> clear cache and data

go to settings>accounts and sync>background data, make sure its checked off

if those two things dont fix the problem let me know...

and no you dont have a virus , its highly unlikely

sroake4

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
By checked off do you mean enabled with the green checkmark or disabled and grayed out ?

The market has no option to clear data, just cache.

sroake4

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Did both of those suggestions and still nothing. When I go back to try to install the same app again it say it is downloading but is not.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
By checked off do you mean enabled with the green checkmark or disabled and grayed out ?

The market has no option to clear data, just cache.

yes enabled with the green check.

does it have an option to uninstall updates?

are you on wifi, if so switch back to 3g or vice versa

also try pulling the battery out , and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds.
then pop the battery back in and try again
this will force the modem to rescan when you turn the phone back on

sroake4

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Sync background data is enabled.
Tried uninstalling updates. No change.
Tried battery pull and holding power button.
Tried switching form wifi to 3G and back.

I still have connectivity through both the stock browser and Dolphin.
My other email account auto notifies and syncs no problem. It is just a problem with these two services so far. I hate to look for MORE things that are not working. This all seemed to start happening after I installed google translate and it told me I needed to install a text to speech add on. Which I did and it never worked correctly.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sync background data is enabled.
Tried uninstalling updates. No change.
Tried battery pull and holding power button.
Tried switching form wifi to 3G and back.

I still have connectivity through both the stock browser and Dolphin.
My other email account auto notifies and syncs no problem. It is just a problem with these two services so far. I hate to look for MORE things that are not working. This all seemed to start happening after I installed google translate and it told me I needed to install a text to speech add on. Which I did and it never worked correctly.

this happens to me usually when i have connectivity issues, are you willing to upgrade to froyo?

if not perhaps others have suggestions that im over looking

sroake4

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been following your superclean thread since the begining to see what others have had problems with and until now I was happy with the way this phone was working. My main concern with Froyo is the battery life which is very important to me. But if my current build is corrupt I suppose it is worth a try. I can always flash back to DI01 and start over right ?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been following your superclean thread since the begining to see what others have had problems with and until now I was happy with the way this phone was working. My main concern with Froyo is the battery life which is very important to me. But if my current build is corrupt I suppose it is worth a try. I can always flash back to DI01 and start over right ?

yes , its adrynalynes superclean, i just package them up for odin.

but yes worst case you flash DI01

Reactions: sroake4

sroake4

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I fixed it. because I refuse to admit defeat, I continued my search for a solution and found that I was not the only one who had experienced these issues. I came accross a site dedicated to this problem.

my android won't download apps

It was related to my gmail account not logging into the market. I had recently renamed the google talk app to .old to get it out of my app drawer. Once I re-enabled it and started the app, I my market downloads started to come through and my gmail inbox notifications started to work again.

I would have flashed Froyo but my hold up was that I could not upgrade my Titanium backup to pro without the market working. Now I cna back everything up and get one step closer to making the jump to a Froyo package.

Thanks for your Help DXC !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513