Aftermarket battery charging

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased a pair of the VERY cheap aftermarket batteries for my phone from Ebay. I think it was about $9 for 2 batteries and a charger. (1500mA standard size) I figured they would make good backup batteries if my phone were dead and I were stranded in the jungle with cellular towers. I tried them and of course I got the standard unsupported battery error and they will not charge in the phone. They work great but has anyone figured out a way to make them charge in the phone so I don't have to remove them and use an external charger?

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased a pair of the VERY cheap aftermarket batteries for my phone from Ebay. I think it was about $9 for 2 batteries and a charger. (1500mA standard size) I figured they would make good backup batteries if my phone were dead and I were stranded in the jungle with cellular towers. I tried them and of course I got the standard unsupported battery error and they will not charge in the phone. They work great but has anyone figured out a way to make them charge in the phone so I don't have to remove them and use an external charger?

I'm pretty sure there is no way..i have seen three of these post in the last 3 or 4 days asking just about the same thing, so if you use the search feature of this forum you should be able to get some answers. :)

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought the same item on ebay. I can't charge them from the phone either, but I don't mind so much as long as I have a spare battery in case I need it.