DeviceType String Modification for ActiveSync and Exchange Servers

invictadiv3r

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've installed and am successfully using Touchdown as my mail client for my work ActiveSync emails. The problem I'm having:

I would like to use the native software in my Fascinate. To do that I would need to change the internal "DeviceType String" to something else. For example through Touchdown "Exchange" works, but the native "Android" that the Fascinate sends does not.

I have a feeling that an answer to this would solve most peoples issue with using ActiveSync on an Exchange server where we wouldn't have to use programs like Touchdown.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
you can use the native email program for Exchange if you like without having to modify any device strings.

What issues are you having?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
BTW... Touchdown is a good program but for $20 it is expensive considering their support is lacking. Personally I am doing a trial of Enhanced Email (EE) as it is half the price and you get VERY quick support from the developer. The AWESOME thing I love about EE is that it integrates your contacts and calendar into the native apps so you don't need to look through multiple programs to get all your data.

AC did a review on it yesterday. Check it out!

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-quick-app-enhanced-email

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer