Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Are you on stock DL09 or EA28? If not what ROM and build are you running?
    100% stock

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

uh oh.. have the same google.process.gapps force closing..

No luck for me...my fascinate is running DL09 and when i try to run an update it tells me server is unavailable. Is there any other way to download it?

Running perfectly so far! I had some problems with widgets loading at first, but I simply dropped them to the trash and loaded them again. This seems to have fixed the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiasha33 View Post
    Running perfectly so far! I had some problems with widgets loading at first, but I simply dropped them to the trash and loaded them again. This seems to have fixed the problem!

yeah same here I also had the same problem, reloaded them and it's fine now

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by markkitos View Post
    100% stock
    So your build number is EA28 then? Can't understand why your phone is not getting the update. I do remember someone mentioning something needed to be off, perhaps wifi? See if that is the case.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by bojack72 View Post
    No luck for me...my fascinate is running DL09 and when i try to run an update it tells me server is unavailable. Is there any other way to download it?
    Welcome to Android Central. Unfortunately, there is no other way to download it. The server unavailable just means the server is busy with everyone downloading it. Just keep trying.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

So your build number is EA28 then? Can't understand why your phone is not getting the update. I do remember someone mentioning something needed to be off, perhaps wifi? See if that is the case.

Hardware version 1500.04
    Firmware version 2.1 update1
    Baseband version S:1500.04.V.D101
    Kernel version 2.6.29
    Build number SCH-1500 D101

everything is off (wifi, etc)

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burchamj View Post
    Force closing on me too, then starts in Safe Mode. Battery pull just starts the process all over again suggestions anyone?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by markkitos View Post
    Hardware version 1500.04
    Firmware version 2.1 update1
    Baseband version S:1500.04.V.D101
    Kernel version 2.6.29
    Build number SCH-1500 D101

everything is off (wifi, etc)
    I was going to say not sure if you can get the OTA if you are two updates behind on DI01, but it looks like DroidXcon's advise to everyone who was rooted and running a Froyo ROM was to flash back to DI01. Still, I would think it couldn't hurt to try flashing the DL09 package in ODIN, then see if you receive the OTA.

Maybe the force closing stuff is from not coming straight from pure stock. I odined back to stock DI01 earlier, updated to EA28, and got the update to ED01 and its working so so nicely. Fast, smooth, and pretty.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

My input would be stay where you are. SC 2.9.2 is definitely the best this phone has ever run for me. I am sticking with that until Adrynalyne and the other devs finish and release the community rom they are working on.
    Sounds good to me thank you!
    Correlation does not imply causation

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Burchamj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lherch View Post
    Force closing on me too, then starts in Safe Mode. Battery pull just starts the process all over again suggestions anyone?
    In another thread, others have found this problem is from the Google search widget. Uninstall the Google search widget if you have it, and the FC's will stop. Remember..........BING

Thanked by:
    lherch 

I am unable to root. I have no idea how to disable "media sync" but I get this error

Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
    es
    mount: Operation not permitted
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file syste
    m
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file
    system
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: Read-only file system
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
    * Restarting your phone now.
    Press any key to continue . . .

And then it is not rooted....

Any ideas?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by TheSiege View Post
    I am unable to root. I have no idea how to disable "media sync" but I get this error

Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
    es
    mount: Operation not permitted
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file syste
    m
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file
    system
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: Read-only file system
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
    * Restarting your phone now.
    Press any key to continue . . .

And then it is not rooted....

Any ideas?
    This is the thread covering the official Froyo OTA. You are going to have much better success getting that question answered in one of these threads:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...other-how.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...k-through.html

Thanked by:

I did everything they said. Its outdated, alot of those options have changed now that it is froyo

ROM
    GS3&Razr(stck)Rznd(CR4.5)

Glad to hear about the "official" froyo release. Is it possible to use the Update.zip method in recovery mode to get this installed on my phone? I'm currently using the stock EB01 rom. Thanks for any help.

i went with the Froyo update tonight with Innocare and from start to finish, a smooth and painless install

After rearranging some of my widgets, the system is good to go. Noticing some overall smoothness, the Korean language font is looking better, Flash works(!!!) and a happy camper over all
    Orgulho de ser coreano-brasileiro ^^

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    With the OTA update complete does phone reset to all stock settings. Like do you have to add contacts / emails / setup whole phone again?
    None of my personalised settings were touched in any way and all my files (docs, pics, texts etc) are still all there
    Orgulho de ser coreano-brasileiro ^^

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Oh great FCs on an official update...way to go Verizon
    I did a factory reset and it fixed the problem. I did have a lot of apps installed from the market so it very well could have been one of them. After reset, no problems.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

This is most likely what the huge hold up was, getting the update to work without using kies
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

This is my 4th attempt at installing the update...running stock NOT ROOTED...It will download, reboot then show the "yellow triangle" and a progress bar but will stop less than half way through and boot up saying that an error has occured and was unable to install froyo...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! it's soo close!

Update:

Now says "UPDATE FAILED or INCOMPLETE: reason:
    IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED
    Last edited by bill15872; 04-21-2011 at 12:37 AM.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Hotweelz View Post
    Glad to hear about the "official" froyo release. Is it possible to use the Update.zip method in recovery mode to get this installed on my phone? I'm currently using the stock EB01 rom. Thanks for any help.
    No, this is not installed that way. If you are on EB01, you would have to ODIN back to stock DI01 or DL09 then receive the update OTA.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by lherch View Post
    yea come on back to SC version of your choice..

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Default froyo 2.2

welp i waited for it but when i came here and was helped and updated to the SC_2.9.2 DXC_EB01 VooDoo , i have no inteentions to go backwards where Verizon is king of my phone. They had their chance but goofed round till they peed me off .i am happy as i am and dont forsee me making any changes backwards unless Adryn. creates a package for the 2.2 other wise i am here, and await Adrynal. upgrades ,so all of you thats backed up enjoy the phone and let verizon now have access to your every move on the phone..
    enjoy
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast