Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

ROM
    Glitched Gummy ICS 1.0

No thanks. I no longer have any interest in using anything that isn't community released. Verizon can take their update and shove it where it belongs.

downloading now.......10 minutes has me at 56%...good golly

26 minutes from download to install.....phone is a lil sluggish right now. Switching back to TW from GO launcher, going to see whats up. So far I have some camera problem
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Just did the update on my son's phone (totally stock, even the widgets were never moved or added upon)

Took roughly half an hour, 1 FC but a reboot seems to have taken care of that. I guess he will let me know after school if it is messed up or not...

ROM
    DL09/Adrynalyne 12/30

Can anyone confirm workind HID for wiimote control?

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

GOOGLE SEARCH WIDGET IS PRELOADED AND IT WORKS!

Sorry...just happy no more hacking needed...

Default Google Voice Search

I've lost the ability to use the Google voice search shortcut from holding the soft search key. It still routes to Google search when tapped. I had to remove the Enhanced Google Search apk because it was causing recurring FC's. I am de-Binged, anyone else having this problem?

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Quote Originally Posted by YELLOW_STL_MACH View Post
    Try out Vlingo. It's a free voice to action app that is alot more functional than the standard google search. You can do full text messages just by saying the persons name and saying the message. (And in car mode you can send by voice as well.)
    Yea, thanks my friend, I have actually Vlingo'd back and forth a few times but inevitably un-installed. It needs the bt voice dialer/stock voice commands built into 2.2 to work to its full potential. The EB01 leak did not have the bt voice dialer included, and thusly Vlingo's functions for me (Handsfree dialing using a Blueant S4 speakerphone in the car) was marginal. I felt Nuance actually did a better job of calling people.

I also felt that Vlingo sucked too much resource, as it would always leave itself running in the background.. I was always Force Stopping it while I wasn't using it....

Thusly, I was inquiring about the Voice Commands for ED01

However, this is just my set up and Vlingo may very well work for others..thanks for the input!
    Last edited by Lttlwing16; 04-21-2011 at 09:28 AM.

So if the phone is rooted, and only used titanium backup to freeze a few verizon apps can i simply unfreeze those and apply froyo? Or do i need to unroot first?

ROM
    Suprclean 2.9.2ec10 voodo

I'm kinda curious on what the official VZ froyo is like, considering going back to stock just to test it out ..can always root and flash sc or the new community rom when it drops
    Kanye West: I always had a passion for flashing, before I had it I close my eyes and imagine

Still no luck for me. Everytime i check for updates it tells me server is unavailable. I called Verizon to tell them i never received the EA28 update, and the women stated that if i didn't receive that one i probably wont receive this one. If i don't receive the update by next Friday, i need to call them and they will send me a certified phone. Great...more waiting and then a used phone!

just keep trying. I got that server unavailable message too the first few times I tried. it just finished downloading though.

Default about server not available

That happened to me quite a bit in DL09 after I had tried running the update through WIFI. Hard reset after turning off WIFI seemed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLinux View Post
    So if the phone is rooted, and only used titanium backup to freeze a few verizon apps can i simply unfreeze those and apply froyo? Or do i need to unroot first?
    I have the same question....anyone got any idea?

Is anyone else getting the message that the phone memory is too full? I just re-flashed DL09 (coming from EB01). So basically, there is nothing on the phone...

Any ideas?

Default Phone will not update

I have build EA-28. Phone was rooted but I took it back to stock for the update. Have re-set twice and I get the yellow triangle and the message that the update did not succeed.

Any ideas or tips are appreciated!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLinux View Post
    Me three. Rooted phone. EA28 build. Still running 2.1 update-1. All I did was run titanium backup and froze a few VZ apps. Start with yes or no. Please understand that most of the lingo on this board goes over my head. So telling me about flashing and odin is pointless.

ROM
    Stock

In ED01 can you change the default search option to Google as promised by Verizon months ago? They said when 2.2 came out you'd be able to choose and not be handcuffed to Bing.

On the phone with VZ right now. They quickly offered to replace my phone or upgrade. On the line with Samsung tech support. They said there must be a problem because the phone is not accepting the upgrade. I may just say to heck and go to Iphone.

Spoke with Samsung and after "hold-time" the best they could do was issue a support ticket and have me send the phone into Samsung so they could do the upgrade in their shop. Options were to get another Fascinate and see if that would upgrade or do an early upgrade. I opted for the Iphone. I told Samsung that I was surprised that they could not anticipate issues with the Froyo upgrade and have some answers ready before today.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanture View Post
    GOOGLE SEARCH WIDGET IS PRELOADED AND IT WORKS!

Sorry...just happy no more hacking needed...

It works great but when I hit the search key (magnifying glass on the bottom right) I still get the Bing search. Anyway around this?

ROM
    You Jelly Huh 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by tjbuss View Post
    It works great but when I hit the search key (magnifying glass on the bottom right) I still get the Bing search. Anyway around this?
    More than likely when a new root method comes out for ED01, then we could shut it down (maybe new Superclean would take care of this). Until then, if you hate Bing, don't use the capacitive search button and just install the widget on your home screen or something to that effect. Maybe one of the more experienced peeps could help you out.
    My Galaxy Note 2 tells me to have a beer! Okay!!!
    Thanked by:
    tjbuss 

Default com.google.process.gapps Force Close

I was rooted and on the EA28 build with frozen bloatware. After unfreezing all of the bloat I downloaded and installed the OTA update. I had to trash and re-add all of my widgets including the google search widget I had on there but there is a pre-loaded google search widget included in the 2.2 build which works awesome. I can confirm that the com.google.process.gapps force close is attributed to the Enhanced Google Search app. I fought my way through the FC's and uninstalled it and everything seems to be right with the world again.
    Last edited by drewsellner66; 04-21-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbuss View Post
    Long time listener, first time caller here.

Let me first say that I am a newbie with this and I will give credit to others as I got this idea from other posts I have read (can't remember if it was DroidXcon or others but thanks to everyone all the same).

After upgrading to 2.2, I rooted my phone. I've read some posts that the one click method wasn't working correctly so I used the "adb method". I then used a file manager (I used Super Manager since it was free) to rename the bing application. It's located in /system/app and it's called I500_BingSearchAndroid_11122010.apk. I just renamed it to I500_BingSearchAndroid_11122010.apk.old. After doing that, the search softkey started using google instead of bing.

Now like I said, I'm a newbie which makes me dangerous so your mileage my vary but this worked for me.
    Thanked by:
    tjbuss 

Default Flash and Froyo

Just FYI, you can update your Flash from 10.1 to 10.2, after Froyo DL, from the Android Market. Just putting it out there. May not mean much, but remembered seeing it posted a while back. We only 10.1 with 2.2.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast