Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I thought the Facinate was getting TV out with Froyo. Don't see it unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Any one know if it's available to us now?

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett View Post
    Installation instructions

So you're all stock, and ready to (finally!) update to 2.2...

You have two options:

1. Wait for the update to be pushed to your phone automagically
    2. Force the update yourself by doing the following:
    - Press "Menu" soft key
    - Press "Settings" option
    - Scroll to bottom of list and select "About phone"
    - Select "System updates"
    - Check for new updates: once the update is available, it will begin downloading and take you through the update process

You can follow VZW's official support page .

If you are coming from a stock build (not rooted, ROMed, themed, etc) this update will not wipe any data or force you to set up your phone again once the update is finished.

Enjoy your delicious FroYo goodness!
    what if i dont want the froyo offered by Verizon/Samsung? will it still be "Pushed" to my phone without my approval? if it gets pushed to my phone i will be in android hell cause of my upgrading here and verizons push.. i would rather make my own choices without any verizon help or pushing.. i waited for them till i was blue in the face and now i figure they can wait on me..
    Last edited by papa54; 04-21-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: bad miss soelling

Quote Originally Posted by jtrainer View Post
    Long time listener, first time caller here.

Let me first say that I am a newbie with this and I will give credit to others as I got this idea from other posts I have read (can't remember if it was DroidXcon or others but thanks to everyone all the same).

After upgrading to 2.2, I rooted my phone. I've read some posts that the one click method wasn't working correctly so I used the "adb method". I then used a file manager (I used Super Manager since it was free) to rename the bing application. It's located in /system/app and it's called I500_BingSearchAndroid_11122010.apk. I just renamed it to I500_BingSearchAndroid_11122010.apk.old. After doing that, the search softkey started using google instead of bing.

Now like I said, I'm a newbie which makes me dangerous so your mileage my vary but this worked for me.

Do you know if this will work on an unrooted phone?
    Thanked by:
    papa54 

Quote Originally Posted by tjbuss View Post
    Do you know if this will work on an unrooted phone?
    To the best of my limited knowledge, no. You have to be rooted so that you will be able to rename the bing application file.

Quote Originally Posted by papa54 View Post
    what if i dont want the froyo offered by Verizon/Samsung? will it still be "Pushed" to my phone without my approval? if it gets pushed to my phone i will be in android hell cause of my upgrading here and verizons push.. i would rather make my own choices without any verizon help or pushing.. i waited for them till i was blue in the face and now i figure they can wait on me..
    Since you are running 2.9.2 I don't think you will get a choice to get the official OTA. Have to be stock Eclair for that.
    Steve

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Argh!

Totally stock. Getting "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Can't even think about removing any apps, as I can't even get to the market without this popping up and stopping everything.

Default Verizon Fascinate ED01 Froyo

I just updated to firmware 2.2.1 and wanted to know if I can still root my Fascinate? I have never done it before but the update from Verizon preinstalled even more stuff I don't need or even want.

Much thank bytheway this is my first Andriod, I sure I am not going back to using my Blackbery Storm 2.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool418 View Post
    I just updated to firmware 2.2.1 and wanted to know if I can still root my Fascinate? I have never done it before but the update from Verizon preinstalled even more stuff I don't need or even want.

Much thank bytheway this is my first Andriod, I sure I am not going back to using my Blackbery Storm 2.
    Yes you can still root your phone. Check out the sticky section and other threads in the Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks section for guidance.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    Totally stock. Getting "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Can't even think about removing any apps, as I can't even get to the market without this popping up and stopping everything.
    There's a thread HERE where other people had the same problem. The issue was with the Google Search widget installed.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bslook View Post
    I thought the Facinate was getting TV out with Froyo. Don't see it unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Any one know if it's available to us now?
    Which connector are you going to output the signal through?
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

If you are coming from a stock build (not rooted, ROMed, themed, etc) this update will not wipe any data or force you to set up your phone again once the update is finished.
    So this didn't mean you don't have to re-setup all of your screens again? Cause I asked yesterday and reread the stickies and was really hoping it wouldn't mess with homescreens. Everything is reset to stock though :| so lame, but guess I'm just glad didn't get any errors or crashing on the update.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I have the audio out cable not the USB. I'm told on non Verizon phones there's a settings option. Was also told that it would be provided in Froyo but don't think they did.

where can i get the update, i am using verizon samsung fascinate handset on a different network.

I didn't get the update. I check about phone , update, status etc......... and nothing is there? who do I contact Verizon? Samsung?

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bslook View Post
    I have the audio out cable not the USB. I'm told on non Verizon phones there's a settings option. Was also told that it would be provided in Froyo but don't think they did.
    Use this for video out? Nah, not on this phone. If you could, you wouldn't want to watch it.

Why is this forumn so hard to use. I love Android Central but I can't click though the to see the messages in threaded display mode 404 and now I can't even swith the display back to linear so I can find the response to my question that way. I'd love to participate more but this is frusatrating.

My phone was rooted when I applied the update, but it worked without any major problems. I just had to reload the widgets like most people. Looks like I have to re-root though.

ROM
    DI01

I was rooted but flashed my Fascinate back to DI01 to start working my way up to the official Froyo release. I was able to apply the DL09 update I downloaded to my phone with no issue. Hoever I am having a helluva time finding the EA28 update to download. Does anyone have a good link to download it.

BTW, my phone is one of the Fascinates that have an obvious OTA update issue.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Meltarrus View Post
    I was rooted but flashed my Fascinate back to DI01 to start working my way up to the official Froyo release. I was able to apply the DL09 update I downloaded to my phone with no issue. Hoever I am having a helluva time finding the EA28 update to download. Does anyone have a good link to download it.

BTW, my phone is one of the Fascinates that have an obvious OTA update issue.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
    There is no download for the EA28 update. That update was handles strictly OTA. You should receive the ED01 update if you are on either DI01 or DL09. Just have to keep trying.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    There is no download for the EA28 update. That update was handles strictly OTA. You should receive the ED01 update if you are on either DI01 or DL09. Just have to keep trying.
    To add to what landshark suggested, be sure to go into settings > about phone > system updates > check now so your phone will actually search for the OTA update if you're not automatically getting it pushed to your phone.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    DI01

Thank you guys for the quick response. I have tried to manually check for the OTA at least a couple dozen times. All I get is "Server Unavailable" message. I have turned off the wifi, reset the phone to factory in the privacy settings. Any ideas?

ROM
    Android

Default My Froyo Update

Everything went smoothly for me ! I was so shocked when I got it lol. I was just checking for new updates just to be disappointed again but it came up ! The interface looks brand new !! The only issue it didn't fix for me was my Media Syncing Can I get some help on that please ? P.S: Sorry to those that are having drama about the froyo update I feel your pain.. !

Thank you guys for the quick response. I have tried to manually check for the OTA at least a couple dozen times. All I get is "Server Unavailable" message. I have turned off the wifi, reset the phone to factory in the privacy settings. Any ideas?
    So you flashed to DI01 or DL09 via odin? If this is the case and you are still not getting the update one suggestion I have is take your phone to a verizon store and have them manually update your phone. Just be sure that you are completely stock before doing so. If that method fails then I'd be led to believe that's a VZW issue.

ROM
    DI01

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheGhost13 View Post
    To add to what landshark suggested, be sure to go into settings > about phone > system updates > check now so your phone will actually search for the OTA update if you're not automatically getting it pushed to your phone.
    Thank you guys for the quick replies. I have tried forcing the OTA Update atl east 20 times. All I get is "SERVER UNAVAILABLE". I have cutoff the wifi and factory reset in the privacy settings. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Meltarrus; 04-22-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Didn't refresh the screen. Dupe post

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Thank you guys for the quick replies. I have tried forcing the OTA Update atl east 20 times. All I get is "SERVER UNAVAILABLE". I have cutoff the wifi and factory reset in the privacy settings. Any ideas?
    Make sure you mobile data is turned on. Pull down the notification bar, it will be the second icon from the right.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast