[ED01 FroYo][SCH-i500] 2.2 Officially Announced by Verizon!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded and installed. Took about 15 minutes for it to actually boot back up (stayed on VZW Logo that time). Constantly getting Force Close on "com.google.process.gapps".

This was a clean update as in no rooting. Not sure if it is just me but wanted to get it out there.

Oh great FCs on an official update...way to go Verizon

markkitos

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I go to check update - it says:
InnoPath ActiveCare
Status
Check New
About

Hit check new & it goes back to the same thing

Is this normal?

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It figures that 3 days after I put a custom ROM on my phone and start getting used to it this would happen lol...

Would there be any reason to go back to stock for this? Or should I just hang with what I have now and possibly wait for a new Super Clean ROM based off of the official release?

Currently running: Adrenalyne's SC 2.9.2

Any input is welcome :D

Just wait... You will get nothing but frustration from a stock VZW update, especially if you are used to the debloated goodness that is SuperClean.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It figures that 3 days after I put a custom ROM on my phone and start getting used to it this would happen lol...

Would there be any reason to go back to stock for this? Or should I just hang with what I have now and possibly wait for a new Super Clean ROM based off of the official release?

Currently running: Adrenalyne's SC 2.9.2

Any input is welcome :D

My input would be stay where you are. SC 2.9.2 is definitely the best this phone has ever run for me. I am sticking with that until Adrynalyne and the other devs finish and release the community rom they are working on.

Reactions: anon(254231)

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I am now running the official froyo update. So far so good. I'll let you guys know if I experience anything odd.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bojack72

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
No luck for me...my fascinate is running DL09 and when i try to run an update it tells me server is unavailable. Is there any other way to download it?

Keiasha33

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Running perfectly so far! I had some problems with widgets loading at first, but I simply dropped them to the trash and loaded them again. This seems to have fixed the problem!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No luck for me...my fascinate is running DL09 and when i try to run an update it tells me server is unavailable. Is there any other way to download it?

Welcome to Android Central. Unfortunately, there is no other way to download it. The server unavailable just means the server is busy with everyone downloading it. Just keep trying.

markkitos

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So your build number is EA28 then? Can't understand why your phone is not getting the update. I do remember someone mentioning something needed to be off, perhaps wifi? See if that is the case.

Hardware version 1500.04
Firmware version 2.1 update1
Baseband version S:1500.04.V.D101
Kernel version 2.6.29
Build number SCH-1500 D101

everything is off (wifi, etc)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hardware version 1500.04
Firmware version 2.1 update1
Baseband version S:1500.04.V.D101
Kernel version 2.6.29
Build number SCH-1500 D101

everything is off (wifi, etc)

I was going to say not sure if you can get the OTA if you are two updates behind on DI01, but it looks like DroidXcon's advise to everyone who was rooted and running a Froyo ROM was to flash back to DI01. Still, I would think it couldn't hurt to try flashing the DL09 package in ODIN, then see if you receive the OTA.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service