Problems after 2.2 update - post here.

paboseki

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
My only issues thus far have to do with the haptic feedback, and vibrations on text and email.

Before, I could get one solid vibration for text, and two solid ones for emails. But now, to get a noticeable vibration, I need to turn haptic up pretty high (i'm actually not certain it vibrates at all). But then all the feedback i want to have when touching say, android keyboard, are super strong, which I don't want. Also, my soft keys don't seem to want to change w/ the haptic feedback settings either.

Thoughts or suggestions? As I know others have voiced this issue.

Also, I haven't yet tested out my ringtone settings. I will report back later today.

What seemed to work for me was to enable the Haptic feedback, boost the feedback all the way up and then turn off the feedback. I seemed to get my super vibrate back once I did that.

Reactions: Big Z

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I cant find whether you ever got an answer to this. I am definitely missing text because the intensity is very low on the high setting. is there a way to fix this?

What seemed to work for me was to enable the Haptic feedback, boost the feedback all the way up and then turn off the feedback. I seemed to get my super vibrate back once I did that.

Thanks to both of you guys for working on this. Paboseki, you are right. This works, and seems to be the best overall compromise.

Does the feedback on the soft keys never change? I initially thought they did, but now i think it maintains (will not go over) about 1/2 of the intensity on the slider for the soft keys....but if you go lower for the overall haptic on the slider, it will reduce the intensity for all phone functions that use haptic on that level.

Peterw168

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i'm so frustrated! So I did the update. Now I can't access my text messages. Whenever I go to look at them, the phone freezes. Phone did the same thing when I tried to make a phone call. Anyone else having this problem?

i kind of have the same problem as well, mwalker. However noone has really responded to my post. My problem is a little different though...my apps and widgets take FOREVER to load >.<. i used to have the text messaging problem with 2.1 but now it seems to be rectified.

paboseki

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you guys for working on this. Paboseki, you are right. This works, and seems to be the best overall compromise.

Does the feedback on the soft keys never change? I initially thought they did, but now i think it maintains (will not go over) about 1/2 of the intensity on the slider for the soft keys....but if you go lower for the overall haptic on the slider, it will reduce the intensity for all phone functions that use haptic on that level.
Not sure. I don't like the haptic feedback so after I changed the setting to max I turned haptic off completely.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Camera works OK but K-9 Mail buttons not working as advertised

I have had no problem with the camera after the update. But For some time now the grayed out "Archive, Move, and Spam" buttons in the email were promised to work when we got 2.2 Froyo. Mine still don't work. Is there something else I need to do to get them to work? Doesn't seem to be any updates to K-9 that I can find.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not had one issue yet since updating. I was running Superclean 292 and a custom kernel before so here is how I did it.
I ODIN'd all they way back to DL01, accepted the EA28 OTA update, then the FROYO update. Now my phone was completely stock w/ verizon crapware.
Then I went here

[How To] Root ED01 Froyo

and got rooted again. I was just doing it this way to test and see how everything works. All my google stuff is working. I don't mind having the verizon crapware on there, I just don't like that the Car Cradle defaults to VZ Navigator and Bing Maps.
I use Locale and its Dock Condition and Shortcut add-ons to change the Car Cradle default to Custom Car Home. (You put your own shortcuts to Google maps, Nav, Places, CoPilot Live or whatever you want to do on the Car Home Screens and configure how you want. ) From then on when you put the phone in the car cradle this comes up as default. Can put about six large shortcut icons on each screen and has several screens just like a launcher.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i've been skimming through these pages and i have yet to see anyone talk about the issue of hang time. My phone hangs whenever i get out of an app to go to the home screen. It only shows my background for a about 5-10 seconds and then my apps/widgets start to load. My phone is rooted. Any suggestions?

Actually, I have that, too, but only with very few apps. I thought at first it was Launcher Pro because even though I had already set the regular home screen as default action, it kept asking me after such "desktop crashes" which I wanted to choose as home screen... But I uninstalled Launcher Pro, and a few apps still do it.

I think, the desktop crashes for some reason, and eventually it realizes it has crashed and reloads, but obviously I can only guess at this...

bob8880

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having audio problems after the update. Every now and then i get no sound during phone calls. When i make a call i cant hear the phone ring or the person on the other side. A soft reset fixes the problem but i dont want to have to reset my phone constantly just to make phone calls.

My phone is not rooted and im using launcher pro.

FireMedic559

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My wifes Fascinate just auto downloaded the update without her being able to stop it or anything. Everything seems to work fine except Gosms Pro will now not be the primary txt manager. It seems to work fine however the main txt manager does not recognize that shes looked at the txt when using gosms pro. She is able to set individual contacts to compose with it though. I have cleared caches on both in app manager and even deleted gosms pro and re downloaded and still having same issue. Any one help?

twoof1

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm soooo done

So we waited and waited for this update and quite frankly I'm shocked that VZW would release such a half-baked update more than 6 months after most phones went to Froyo. I updated via OTA from a rooted DI01 after testing SC2.9.1 which I had to roll back from because is wouldn't open attached Office spreadsheets I get regularly during working hours from my Exchange account.

Anyway after I did the Froyo OTA it all seemed to have installed well enough. After a couple of days I started noticing the horrible battery drain, the phone would freeze while sync'ing to my exchange account and now it was dropping my Bluetooth connection on my in-car set up on my Audi A4. I tried hard resetting twice with the same results.

I had NONE of the above issues with Eclair so now I have flashed back to stock Eclair with the EA28 update only.
I'm p*ssed at both Samsung AND VZW as I think they are both equally culpable in this debacle.

Last night I was actually sitting a VZW corp. store waiting to dump this dog and go back to an iP*hone which other than the horrible AT&T reception I had absolutely no problem with so I went back to VZW due to AT&T's reception problems and started riding the Android train. That was back in Feb. 2010 and since that time I've been through an Eris, DInc and now the Fascinate. Instead of jumping ship I opted to head back home and roll back to Eclair for the time being.

I really want Android to mature to the point where it can be stable and offer the same consistent results that A*ple seems to be able to deliver but I'm afraid with so many different fractured manufacturers and carrier implementations on so many different devices it's starting to feel like Microsoft vs Apple in the standard computer world.

Sorry for the rant but as you can tell I'm super frustrated with this cluster.
I think I'm done...:(

Any suggestions?

deezel65

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
where did it go?

Hi Im new to this forum Imma former Palm Pre Plus owner(what a difference android is) after the update I had the new market now it's gone. Someone suggested I go to settings and clear my cache force close then go to home screen uninstall the market then re-install accept terms turn off my phone then turn it on and the new market would be there,needless to say it didn't work. Does anyone have any solutions? Thanx

MarcoPSU

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
WOW, where do I begin.....
1. Camera doesn't work
2. Loses data connection pretty often
3. Youtube App constantly freezes or stops loading videos
4. Contacts are now showing up in duplicates as well as showing up incorrectly
5. Device in general is unreasonably S-L-O-W
6. DREADFUL battery life (example: checked battery life which was approximately 75% at the time, then after not having used any apps or even touched the phone for that matter the low battery warning sounded within 2 hours)

I've tried to be patient with this all this BS and waiting, but this is ridiculous. Between Samsung and Verizon, they've had more than enough time to iron out these obvious/unmissable bugs, yet they haven't. I'm a QA Analyst by trade and there is NO WAY that some of these more serious bugs could be missed by ANY tester who is even REMOTELY worth their job title. SOOOOOOO SOUR :mad:

Last edited:

tabcourt

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
After installing Froyo on a non-rooted phone, I now cannot use the side rocker switch to lower the ringer volume past vibrate to silent.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
After installing Froyo on a non-rooted phone, I now cannot use the side rocker switch to lower the ringer volume past vibrate to silent.

Samsung or VZW took it upon themselves to remove the fully silent mode and in it's place silent mode is now vibrate.

Is there a simple way to roll back my Froyo update to Eclair?

If you want to revert back to Eclair you will have to flash either the DI01.tar or DL09.tar through Odin then you can OTA to EA28, just don't OTA to ED01 after that. If that is what you truelly want. Use this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-please-read-post-1-before-posting-forum.html and go to post #9. The DI01.tar file is located there and complete instructions for how to flash via odin as well.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why verizon or Samsung changed this but you can still achieve silent mode by doing the following. Go into Settings>Sound Settings>Vibrate. Then choose "Vibrate Only When Not in Silent Mode".

Now, when you use the volume side button, you can lower it all the way down to silent mode and the icon of the little speaker with the line through it will show up. If want it to vibrate with no ringer at all you will have to change the vibrate option in the settings menu again.

Hope this helps.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Someone wrote somewhere that instead of doing anything drastic or panicking we should simply post our problems in a forum because there was supposedly a solution for everything with Android...

Well, I've been waiting for a while now, and the only camera issue fix seems to be a factory reset... Given the strong community for Android, that is somewhat disappointing...

So, I guess I'll be rooting my phone this weekend and using Titanium Backup to backup all my apps and settings, factory reset, re-install Titanium and restore all my stuff and hope it all works...

So my main question is:
If I use Titanium to backup all my stuff, will restoring the settings bring me back to the same issues I'm having now?

Has anyone actually successfully done this???

Grady White

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
with the old software you can have the phone stay on while plugged in. I have found no way to fix this problem on my phone, can anyone tell me how if there is a way. its greatly appreciated :)

Down load the free app StayAwake by runks. Then check the box "Stay awake if plugged" and you are all set. I found this in another thread and thanked the OP.