Problems after 2.2 update - post here.

guffster

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This Froyo upgrade was a bit painful - Lost all my Launcher Pro widgets, and kept continually getting the "com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" force close.

Was easily able to get the Launcher Pro widgets back by manually adding them again.

Finally corrected the "com.google.process.gapps" problem by going to System - Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - "All" tab - scrolled to "Gmail" app - performed a "Clear data" - then rebooted phone. I believe I also turned off all synching before-hand and then re-enabled it after the reboot.

Had several problems getting to the Market to try to get updates like Flash 10.2, and the newer Google Search (widget). Finally, after a few reboots, this magically(?) fixed itself and I could get to the Market again.

My one known problem now is the Camera app will not work. I get a blue dialog displayed over the Camera software stating "Please wait..." - and nothing works - it eventually times out and returns to Launcher Pro.

Anyone else seeing this "Please wait..." message with Camera app?

pleasewait.jpg

[RESOLUTION]

Fixed by performing: Settings - Privacy - Factory data reset - Reset phone. And then adding everything back again - What a PITA.
But camera app and everything else (so far) is working rather nicely now...

Last edited:

Blennidae

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same problem with the camera app. Just to rule out Launcher pro, I tried it under the stock launcher and had the same problem.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
com.google.process.gapps kept crashing so I did a factory reset. Now the phone is back to stock with no data but I cant do the phone activation hopefully that is just because of the time of night it is (during their nightly reset of account info) and it will work in the morning. Highly annoying :(

EDIT: and it is programmed but because of factory reset I now have to download all of my apps to that phone :/

Last edited:

Nightscape82

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Im having issues with my gallery as well.
When I try to delete multiple pictures at once, it just keeps saying "deleting" and nothing happens.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone lines at the vzw tech support must be jammed. Forum ppl are pretty knowledgeable, imagine regular folks. :\

This message was sent via Tapatalk

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually lost everything. Contacts, apps, homepages, everything. It was like starting over from scratch.

Yesterday morning I flashed back to stock. Wasnt going to but my daughters phone finally broke so Ive been letting her use my Fascinate until I can get her something new thats Android and get her off the Pixi Plus. The DX is just too big for her so Im back to that for the time being. Anyway I didnt want her to have a rooted phone and chance her breaking it and me needing to send it to repair rooted so I flashed to stock. Switched it to her line. Installed all the stuff she wanted and her contacts. Was working great. Wasnt SC 2.9.2 great but was fine lol.

So last night I decide to grab the update before she is awake this morning so its ready. Took literally 2 hours for the update to download. I had great service. Was just soooo sloooow. Then it took a good 30 mins to install and then I was on the VZW logo for another probably 20 mins. Thought for sure it was dead but finally it came up and nothing was left. Not a single app or contact or anything. Only thing that was there were music and pics off the SD card the rest was gone. Spent the next hour or so installing her stuff again and setting up her homepages. Whatever. It works now.

Wasnt the battery icon supposed to display the % remaining now? I dont know why I thought it would. Thats the only thing I notice that I expected to change and didnt. I havent seen any problems but I didnt use it all that much either. Hopefully nothing wonky will pop up on her today.

Reactions: Raptor 90

TheANARCHY

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
OK folks listen up. Some of this is old hat to those of us who took the plunge & rooted. Step 1 is don't panic. This phone has proven to be remarkably easy to fix almost ANY problem you encounter ;). Step 2 is read read read & read some more. Your answers are here more than likely. Most every issue listed already my wife's phone had. I dug into my bag of trickery & hacks to diagnose & fix the problem but determined the easiest fix was a simple factory reset. Now for some of us with dozens of Apps & custom settings, screens, files, etc that is a nightmare. And yes you do have to restart like new outta the box. The trade off is FROYO cleanly running & no junk gumming up the works. In the case of my wife's phone reinstalling 9 Apps & the Amazon app store (quick & easy plus it keeps a handy dandy record of your Apps on file to re-download, nice touch Amazon!) & she is good to go. If you've never rooted THIS phone, before you dig into the settings & mess with things you don't understand my recommendation is a reset. Menu-Settings-Privacy-Factory Data Reset. It's the easiest method for curing any ailments with this update process. :cool:

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
To everyone having the force close error,
I plugged the phone in and kept trying to just get to settings manage apps and uninstall the google search 2.1. Once you do this no more force closes. It its a pain, but it can be done. Trust me, if I could not, my wife would never let me touch her phone again. She has a ton of apps installed.

Google search widget IS included in the latest release. Just choose to add new widget and choose google. Your voice search button still linked to Bing, but you can put a voice search icon in your doc for launcher pro.

will i am

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I am having is my fascinate keeps going back to the Old Android Market! Maybe this is an known issue not sure. The phone is much faster flash is pretty good also.

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Like everyone says - Uninstall the Google 2.1

I too am missing just the homescreen widgets but the rest of the pages show up fine. Haven't had too much time to noodle around. One of the first things I will test is the data management. I currently use Juice Defender and hopefully... that'll be done with soon.

npittari

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Camera

My Fascinate is also had the Google force close error after the update. I uninstalled the Enhanced Google Search 2.1 app and the force close errors immediately went away.

Now, the only issue I have left is the Camera "Please wait" error. The behavior is identical to the previous poster who raised the same issue. I switched from ADW to Touch Wiz, but the camera still times out after the "Please wait" error.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I moved away from Launcherpro like 2 weeks ago, and started using Touchwiz again.. my only beef with Touchwiz has been the horizontal scrolling app drawer as opposed to vertical. Anyhow, after I updated it wiped all my homescreens on Touchwiz and reset my phone pretty much in other areas aswell.. took about 30 mins to get everything set up the way I like it again and the phone is working great.. I have already tried a bunch of flash websites and all my programs I use and I havent run into any issues yet.

I hope nothing pops up as I further use my phone, but ill update this post if so.

edit: to the poster above, incase you care I just tried the camera app its working great for me.

to the poster below, theres plenty.. my favorite one is the ability to now use yahoo fantasy sports stat tracker website, theres other video sites and alot of NSFW sites.

also wanted to note.. phone is very snappy and quick as usual, and my battery life hopefully remains great like its been since I got the phone, but its to early to know.

Last edited:

RMThompson

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My issue today is ringtones.

I hadn't recieved any texts/calls last night, so this morning my first text message played a song from a file I had in a music folder in my SD card.

The ringtone was the NEXT song in that folder.

I switched them manually - but it didn't work, stilled played those songs.

So I deleted those songs, NOW I have no ringtones. :(

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Same camera issue but my other camera apps work fine. My phone no longer vibrates when I get texts though. All the settings for that are the same... just not working...

hotwire01

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with the Adobe Flash not working after the update?

I went to a couple sites to see the "fantastic new full-web browsing experience" and kept getting the "Flash Required to review this page". Using the link provided in that error message didn't work, as Adobe shows the fascinate 2.2 as an 'unsupported device'. So, I went to the market to download 10.2 there. Everything seemed to work, but no flash content is showing yet. I'm just trying to go to the Adobe Flash site to see their main page - and no go.

What am I missing here?

Just to add - I'm not rooted, I just used the OTA Froyo upgrade.

Update: I went in and cleared the cache and data from the browser in the Manage Applications screen and it seemed to be just enough to allow the Flash load on the Adobe Flash front page. Browsing from there seemed to work. But when I went in to change my browser home page to google.com, the flash stopped working again. (clearing out the data & cache worked again, but this is kind of strange)

Last edited:

bslook

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Same com.google.process.gapps problem but ..

i got the "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." error.

Phone keeps cycling though these message but can't get in to settings to do anything. How did you uninstall/ correct this problems.