Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disabling Screen capture?

Haven't looked into it much, but is there a way to actually disable the screen capturing or at least change how to take a screen capture? Some how my back button likes to act like it's being pressed without me knowing and when I go to hit the sleep (power) button it takes a screen capture.. Get's annoying!

did you ever find the answer to this... I would love to know because mine is doing the same thing and driving me nutz....

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I am having the same issue and it drives me batty... You can go into the running applications screen, and force stop the screen capture service; but alas it finds a way to restart later on...

Same here what I did was that I just removed the ScreenCaptureService.apk using root explorer.
    stinzman likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by vi3tboiii54 View Post
    Same here what I did was that I just removed the ScreenCaptureService.apk using root explorer.
    Yeah, I figured that'd be the method I'd probably have to go lol. Thanks man!

Default Re: Disabling Screen capture?

Same issue lately...all the time. About every other time I try to put my phone to sleep with the side button, it captures.

How do I get a root explorer and how do I delete this. Details, please. Thanks.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM10/Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus-Juice View Post
    Same issue lately...all the time. About every other time I try to put my phone to sleep with the side button, it captures.

How do I get a root explorer and how do I delete this. Details, please. Thanks.
    Root explorer is an app that allows you yo access the all files on the phone when you are rooted, included pre installed and OS based apps. If you are unfamiliar with rooting, take a look at that section of the forum. There are some very well written stickies full of information about the process and its benefits.

Sent from my ICS'd Galaxy S.

Default Re: Disabling Screen capture?

My S5 took 71 shots while in my pocket. In my case the cause was the Palm Swipe setting under Motions and Gestures. Turned off and problem stop