droidxcon needs our help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
right on Mike! i've got 10.00 towards a new fascinate. there are some great deals on ebay which is where i got mine, so hopefully we can raise enough cash to get him a new phone. DroidXCon is the man, and if it weren't for him I wouldn't have a rooted froyo device which has now allowed for me to have sooooo much fun jumping from Rom to Rom and Theme to the next Theme!

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Going to give when I get home is there a way we know if we hit the amount? Just like to see how much was raised and how fast. But this is a great cause here this man has helped me like crazy.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Going to give when I get home is there a way we know if we hit the amount? Just like to see how much was raised and how fast. But this is a great cause here this man has helped me like crazy.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

either myself or dan will post when he gets the funds.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
@Everyone, thank you so much this is so appreciated there has been alot of people coming to me for help and i have done my best to do so despite having the Fascinate. I think we are by far the tightest forum with alot of talented caring people. I would list them all but its a long list and we many of them don't need introductions.

I do have a job , i work for a company that develops the technology behind the SAMOLED screens. We develop the molecules and the struction of the devices. Its a great job and im happy. That being said everyone has bills and expenses and we have to choose where to allocate them. I live with my father, sister, niece and aunt. I pay for all of the mortgage, most of the utilities and i help so support my niece (i wont go into the details). I had a little extra money and i dont usually buy things for myself and when the fascinate broke, i could have bought a new one but it was time to move with newer technology so i bought the TB with the intention of trading it in for the Droid Charge. I also attempted to buy another fascinate with the little money i had left from ebay and that fascinate ended up being not very helpful , i thought only the screen was busted but it ended up having a bad modem so any attempt to fuse these together was useless.. So i have been waiting to have some extra money to buy another fascinate. Not because i need to have a million phones but because i wanted to continue to support the fascinate community.

If you didnt know i recently wanted to help the continuum community so i went and bought 2 extra phones and donated them to adrynalyne and imnuts to make things happen with those phones. I do these things because i want to help others, I want people to have a safe and happy time with their phones as they are what keeps us in touch with the world even when we cant be there. I work insane hours and if it wasnt for my phone i wouldnt talk to anyone.

ODIN PACKAGES

To address this question: you infact need both the phone ,also need to use adb and you need a linux machine or some type of emulator.
  • first i load whatever rom i want to make onto the phone
  • then i extract the images onto the sdcard using adb shell commands
  • then i use the linux emulator to create the package

[NOTE]Thank you everyone so so much and with the help ill soon be able to get another phone and help around here more often. I have made some great friends and i love to help everyone out. I am extremely humbled by the great responses and i hope that i can continue to help everyone for as long as the fascinate forums are around.[/NOTE]

[WARN]As of now i have enough to get a used one and thats all i can ask for thank you everone hopefully ill be able to get everyone some new packages as soon as i recieve the phone. And hopefully experiment more with making a new oneclick root for those who do not want to use clockwork (which i highly recommend) Thank you all so much [/WARN]

Reactions: bxojr and curley

annarbor

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I too donated...

And Danny, you don't owe anyone an explanation. You were up for quite a long time helping me root my phone last night. I, like many you encounter on this site, are total strangers and you went out of your way to share your expertise with us.

For the person who found it weird that donations would be requested for a cell phone, THIS IS AN ANDROID CELL PHONE SITE...NOT THE SALVATION ARMY!
Good luck with your family, Danny.
Many thanks,
Angel
aka: Ann Arbor

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Great word Droid X ....you really don't have to build anything new man...you could blow the money on beer for all I care..Your a great asset to this forum...

Reactions: DroidXcon

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I wasn't lashing out. Like I said I clicked on the link because I was willing to give a few bucks if the kid needed food or medical or shelter.

Not a phone. Just my opinion, like you all have yours. Just seems strange to ask for money for a smartphone to me. No big deal. I can give him a basic flip phone free if he wants it. It does work fine.

I'm sure he'll get it soon and all will be cool. No need to get upset. Doesn't matter what I think about it to the ones that are donating.

Chrisy: A basic flip phone. You are an idiot. :mad::mad::mad::mad: This man has helped me and others so many times. Go back to whatever forum you hang out in and leave our devoted developer alone so he can continue to improve our phones. Every time you post, it shows your mean streak and ignorance about what he has done for US!

Moderator: I will understand if you remove this post. I have never met DroidX, but slamming him like Chrisy did just pisses me off.

GunnerMike: You had better watch your pie! :p:p:p:p I heard the sheep were on the loose and yelling Miiiikkkkkkeeeeee.

DroidX: Thanks for the help and here's to ya for all the help. :):):):) Your the man and here's a few bucks for your time. I'm with Lttlwing16, blow it anyway you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: curley1441

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Great word Droid X ....you really don't have to build anything new man...you could blow the money on beer for all I care..Your a great asset to this forum...

But then again a nice ED01 ODIN package sounds pretty nice too...so maybe just a six pack, lol...

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Chrisy: A basic flip phone. You are an idiot. :mad::mad::mad::mad: This man has helped me and others so many times. Go back to whatever forum you hang out in and leave our devoted developer alone so he can continue to improve our phones. Every time you post, it shows your mean streak and ignorance about what he has done for US!

Moderator: I will understand if you remove this post. I have never met DroidX, but slamming him like Chrisy did just pisses me off.

GunnerMike: You had better watch your pie! :p:p:p:p I heard the sheep were on the loose and yelling Miiiikkkkkkeeeeee.

DroidX: Thanks for the help and here's to ya for all the help. :):):):) Your the man and here's a few bucks for your time. I'm with Lttlwing16, blow it anyway you want.

It was a real offer. I didn't know he had a Thunderbolt and wanted another one for ROMs. I thought he just needed a working phone.

Chill out.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah guys again thank you so much, and im sure Chrisy didnt mean any harm i can see how she would feel the way she does on the subject.

Chrisy has been around even before she had an android device she is cool people. We all have opinions, not a big deal.

With everyones help ill be able to get some packages up and running so we can use odin if that is your prefrence and ill be able to help more than i have been since i couldnt test anything.

Again i love the fascinate community , Thank you all so much and even without the donations it has been alot of fun and has given me such great feelings being able to help people especially those who flashed wrong firmware on your phones, thats always fun trying to recover from lol.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues with your friends giving you money for whatever! Not my business.

Guess I was just confused and thought it was a plea for help. Lol. Glad to know that's not the case and that you're ok. I always have an extra flip phone for ya. Lol. For real!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with your friends giving you money for whatever! Not my business.

Guess I was just confused and thought it was a plea for help. Lol. Glad to know that's not the case and that you're ok. I always have an extra flip phone for ya. Lol. For real!

thanks Chrisy, yeah it wasnt a plea for help it was more a mutual thing, If i have a fascinate then i can give back to the community more , its been weeks since i have been able to really help roms have come and gone new clockwork versions are out and i have not been able to give good direction. Kind of the blind leading the blind.

oh and i was using a flip phone for a couple weeks and i cant believe thats how i use to text all the time , the clicking sounds the keys made and the confusion of trying to keep multiple text convos going . im glad thats over lol.

Thank you so much for the offer though

Status
Not open for further replies.