droidxcon needs our help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Dan (aka droidxcon) wont do this himself, so i will. how many of you have working phones because Dan sat up all night and held your hand until you got your phone working. how many of you would have bricks if not for Dan. how many of you would never have rooted in the first place if not for Dan. beyond that, how many of us have been helped in one way or another by Dan.

All that to say Dan's phone is broke. as of right now he does not have a fascinate. as you all know they are not cheap. i know times are tough right now, i cant give alot, but i can give a little. if alot of us give a little, then maybe we all can give enough for him to get another fascinate.

so come on guys, lets help dan like he has helped us. i will start off with $5.

DroidXcon's donate link

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
thats great guys, thank you.

his phone got bricked in the process of an experiment. lol. its a risk we all take. but he takes more than his fair share of risks on others behalf.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
No joke l have been thinking this thread is loooong overdue. The man deserves it, regardless if he never makes another ODIN package ever again..(i say this squirming)..but seriously I hope he has another Fascinate soon..

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No joke l have been thinking this thread is loooong overdue. The man deserves it, regardless if he never makes another ODIN package ever again..(i say this squirming)..but seriously I hope he has another Fascinate soon..

i think if we can get the word out the community will support him like he supported us.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I gave $5. I'm new 'round these AC parts, but it's been a wonderful place to learn and read, and I love my Fascinate. I'd give more, but my 2 year old demands food and drink and clothes and diapers...he's a bit needy. ;)

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If he has a job and cannot afford a phone maybe he needs to re prioritize a bit. I'm all for charity, and if he kid needed food, I'd help. But for a smartphone?

I make 8 bucks an hour and barely get by but I can afford my own phone. Just seems in poor taste to ask for donations for a phone. Give the money to needy families.

You made this public and I will comment as I'd like. Can he sell his Thunderbolt?

Last edited:

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This seems really strange. Why doesn't he get a job? Are we going to pay his monthly bill too?

time = money.

he devotes alot of his time for something that helps alot of people.. thats like going into his odin thread and posting "this is strange, you going to use their phones for them also?" or something along those lines.

I don't see it as wierd to donate a few bucks to a developer.

edit: obv people who make 8 bucks an hour should not be donating...

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I can see if he's running a business. That makes sense then. This is just asking for charity...for a phone.

Like I said, if he needed food, I can help him get help with that. I keep my bills lows so I can afford my lifestyle and help if needed. But, this is just tacky.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If he has a job and cannot afford a phone maybe he needs to re prioritize a bit. I'm all for charity, and if I the kid needed food, I'd help. But for a smartphone?

I make 8 bucks an hour and barely get by but I can afford my own phone. Just seems in poor taste to ask for donations for a phone. Give the money to needy families.

then dont give. he has helped countless people. no one is making you do anythin. its an expensive phone to replace. he spends hours working on others behalf. if you dont want to give, then dont. times are tough, if you cant give, or dont want to, then thats fine, and noone will think less of you for it.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just donated on the link you posted gunner. Yes, droidXcon has been so invaluable to the Fascinate community. With all the guidance he has given, it's allowed me to really know my phone a whole lot better and to get my feet wet with rooting and ROM flashing. You guys always rock and I hope that even the little bit I was able to give goes a long ways into helping you out buddy.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Good luck to him. I hope he's ok.

Oh and I wasn't trying to be mean. I clicked on the thread because of the title because it made it seem like he needed real help. Food or medical bills or the like. Just surprised me is all. I was ready to help if it was a basic need.

Last edited:

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
then dont give. he has helped countless people. no one is making you do anythin. its an expensive phone to replace. he spends hours working on others behalf. if you dont want to give, then dont. times are tough, if you cant give, or dont want to, then thats fine, and noone will think less of you for it.

Thanks for stating that for me Gunner, I couldn't have worded it better. The fact is that droidXcon was basically a guinea pig for all of us pansies (including me) who wouldn't do the testing it took to make sure that a lot of these ROM's would not cause widespread bricking of phones. Remember, he and other folks in the community took a chance on voiding their warranties to help us have better experiences with our phones when either the manufacturer or the carrier were not providing that to us. We all take chances when we root and install software/firmware that isn't authorized by the OEM/Carrier, so the devs take a lot of that responsibility on themselves. You don't need to give anything to the person (heck, most of the time when these folks cook up a delicious ROM for us, they don't ask for anything in return) but we should help a little if we can. I'm just thinking that if people complain about this, the next set of Superclean ROM's or the next Cyanogenmod that comes out, the devs should charge like $5 for it, and to be honest with you, I'm okay paying that. Great job fellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.