Possible Alarm Clock bug

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Now I am having a problem never had before I set the alarm for 7:25 everyday and it works, but I need to turn it off than on again for it to keep working, It wont rollover for everyday anymore, this was not a problem before. I flashed the AOSP alarm clock and this is when that started happening. Any fixes? someone want to make that .APK flashable and ill try it

Raigne

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I never had my alarm roll over the way you describe unless I went in and manually set the repeat to "everyday", even before the update to froyo. I could go in and turn a basic alarm on and have it be set for the next day automatically though. Any file manager with root access should be able to handle moving that file around, it doesn't have to be root explorer.

Mikeric

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My fiance I haveing the same issues trying to make it 6 days away. Hopefully they have a fix soon. Does Samsung or verizon have any way to submit a bug?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I want it to rollover and now it doesn't anymore

Edit: fixed it deleted the old. Apk file with a file manager. Let's see if it works will find out Thursday am :)

Last edited:

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My fiance I haveing the same issues trying to make it 6 days away. Hopefully they have a fix soon. Does Samsung or verizon have any way to submit a bug?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I'm sure they have something on their websites, I haven't gone about looking tho. I agree hopefully they will put out a maintaince update sometime in the near future to fix this and some other reported bugs. But waiting on them is an issue unto itself lol.

Reactions: Vraholic

goatpower69

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay. It took me way too long to track down an eclair version of a fascinate ROM that came in a zip, but it was worth it.

You need clockpackage.apk, which I have conveniently uploaded here: ClockPackage.apk

Stick it on your SD card, use root explorer to move it to /system/app and you have a properly functioning alarm clock again. Which means samsung screwed with the app, and it's not something outside interfering with its functionality, right? Whatever, I'm just happy I could fix it. :\

I did exactly what you said (which was part of the problem) and the.apk you uploaded didnt work for me. I didnt copy my original clock app and now i have nothing.

Id love to get my clock back to how it was like this thread is talking about but if anyone can provide the EB01 clockpackage.apk that would be good enough. thanks

**or if someone can tell me what i did wrong

Raigne

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
You can try redownloading the .apk in the link, as you may have gotten a bad download. Also, I have noticed that sometimes rebooting the phone after messing with the stuff in the system folder is necessary. As for getting the EB01 version, you can grab it out of any of the custom roms in the rooting/roms/hacks subforum. An example would be the superclean 2.9.2 zip file.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I successfully replaced the .apk with the elcair version Raigne originally posted, and the alarm now works normally. Unfortunately the timer now has no sound, does anyone know what/where the sound file is/goes?

Raigne

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Huh. I never use the timer, so I didn't even notice. Mine also has no sound, and I don't even know what the sound was, so I wouldn't know what to look for. I will update my original post.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it's just trying to play a sound file that's not there, but I don't have any eclair ROMs on my PC to dig around in to figure out what it should be called

fortesquieu

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I think I may have found a bug with the alarm clock in the official ED01 Froyo OTA update. If I go to make an alarm and it's set to repeat once only and I set it for a designated time such as 1:30pm it is setting it for 6 days some odd hours and minutes from now instead of tomorrow at 1:30 pm. I know it never used to do this pre-ED01. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem or is willing to try it out and post your findings here. Thank you.

Yes, I have this problem!

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I also just noticed that trying to view the elcair clock's world clock results in a force close

why would they mess with the clock in the first place, there should not be this much hassle to have an alarm go off tomorrow

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I also just noticed that trying to view the elcair clock's world clock results in a force close

why would they mess with the clock in the first place, there should not be this much hassle to have an alarm go off tomorrow

I couldn't agree more! It seems extremely weird that this problem with the alarm clock has come to be since the update, as it doesn't appear anything has changed about it at all. But obviously in some way or another something that changed in the update affected the clock. I've seen reports of it on the verizon site as well, so I imagine if or when they release a maintaince update it will hopefully be fixed. As for now I simply just set an alarm clock to repeat everyday for a certain time and turn it off as needed.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If you download the Apk from 2.1, you should be able to just click the file and install it like any other app.

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems. Ditched the stock and installed this one
AOSP Desk Clock
DeskClock.apk

Tip> When switching out apps/components via root explorer, simply move the app you are removing from the system folder to your sd card. Much better than deleting. In the case that your new part doesn't work, or you simply don't like it as well, you still have the old to simply move back.

Reactions: FearTheGhost13

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems. Ditched the stock and installed this one
AOSP Desk Clock
DeskClock.apk

Tip> When switching out apps/components via root explorer, simply move the app you are removing from the system folder to your sd card. Much better than deleting. In the case that your new part doesn't work, or you simply don't like it as well, you still have the old to simply move back.

Great tip! Beats having to reflash or find a download for the old apk. Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa