Fascinate has a mind of it own...

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have superclean 2.9.2 non voodo nitrodark's midninght theme.

Recently my fasinate like to randomly close apps, and do wierd things. It seems as if I am touching the screen when I am not.

About a month ago I place a zagg screen protector on it.

I have removed the battery and rebooted without any

Anbody have any ideas?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Both mine and my wife's Fascinates do that from time to time. For us, it acts as though we are pressing the back softkey when we're not. I've taken about 20 screenshots when trying to turn my screen off because of it. We're both running rooted, mostly stock ED01.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Just discussed here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate/78988-phone-taking-screen-shots.html

On Friday, while I was traveling, I needed my GPS software to work for a few minutes as I got into downtown Asheville. This issues kept me from using it at all just when I needed it the most. I found my way without it, but then what is the point of all of these features if I can't use them?
That was the end for me. I thought seriously about slamming it against a wall. Verizon tells me that is just the way it is when the Fascinate gets warm (as in, on a charger or used for an extended time). So Saturday, I talked them in to bumping my upgrade date, and I got a Thunderbolt. No more goofy acting buttons, random closes or screen shots. I am also surprised that the battery life is not that bad. I used it almost all day Sunday as a GPS and about 4 more hours today, and all was perfect. I'll give up some in screen quality, to have basic functionality.
Until owning this device, I always thought highly of Samsung hardware. No more. Sorry Sammy....

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I think i have found out what the problem is.

My Zagg screen protector was folded underneath the plastic cover on my outer skin. Everytime i hit that place on the screen the phone thought it was an input.

Fixed it and it seems fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08