Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wallpaper resizing

so i want to put a wallpaper up on my fascinate, but i cant get it the right size. when i go to crop it, i cant get the crop box big enough to cover the whole image. what am i doing wrong?

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by DCooper323 View Post
    so i want to put a wallpaper up on my fascinate, but i cant get it the right size. when i go to crop it, i cant get the crop box big enough to cover the whole image. what am i doing wrong?
    You're probably not doing anything wrong. The original image may be too big to resize down to the correct size for a wallpaper which is 960 x 800 for it to fit across multiple homescreens, and 480 x 800 for one homescreen.

is there an app where u can put in the mesaurments you want at the app will resize the photo?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

I think I have used this one in the past, Web Resizer - Crop & Resize Images Free Online - Optimize images for websites and email, but I know I have used others like it.

Pretty much does it all for ya...
    bigjobber69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I think I have used this one in the past, Web Resizer - Crop & Resize Images Free Online - Optimize images for websites and email, but I know I have used others like it.

Pretty much does it all for ya...
    Found a great website that actually does the resizing the one u said was having trouble with it. Ok now for my next question I did 480x800 cause i just want it on my one screen centered and it is way to big....sharky do u know the dimensions for that? cause its def not 480x800 thanks guys

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    Found a great website that actually does the resizing the one u said was having trouble with it. Ok now for my next question I did 480x800 cause i just want it on my one screen centered and it is way to big....sharky do u know the dimensions for that? cause its def not 480x800 thanks guys
    Sorry, I don't. I was going off info I found by doing a search in the forums on "wallpaper size"

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

Another thread with some info on wallpapers. Hopefully something in there helps.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...it-screen.html
    bigjobber69 likes this.

Thanks sharky found just what i needed right here Wallpaper Wizardrii

Default Re: wallpaper resizing

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    You're probably not doing anything wrong. The original image may be too big to resize down to the correct size for a wallpaper which is 960 x 800 for it to fit across multiple homescreens, and 480 x 800 for one homescreen.
    OK, I'm having the same issue with my pictures that I want to use as wallpaper. No matter how much I try to shrink them down the come out way too big.
    I'm thinking, since they are all on my SD card, wouldn't I be better off just pulling the card, putting it in the computer and using one of my re-sizing apps. that I already have to reduce them down to the 960 x 80?.
    The reason I ask that is because I am so new to this Razr it would take me forever to figure out how to do it on the phone.

Regards,
    Len

Default Re: wallpaper resizing

I am adding this post only because I wanted to change my notifications so that I will get an email when someone responds.

Regards,
    Len