FROYO GPS fix for Fascinate

russwikoff

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see a reminder about this and i didn't know if anyone else had the issue when the got the OTA... but i remembered when i first got my fascinate that i had a hard time using the GPS for my navigation... and i read here on the forums to go into the settings on the phone under Location and Security and make sure that you were in stand alone mode only for GPS. Any way... the same thing happened right after i did my froyo update so i had to remember what to do ( really had to rack my brain for that one...lol) any way... if your having problems with your navigation after the update try going into the settings and put the phone on Standalone GPS service only... turn off the google location service... when i did that my navigation came right up with no problems... thanks... hope it helps

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
THANK YOU for posting this! (again) I kept having to restart my phone to get lock. Turned off Google location services and--voila!--lock within 10 sec. Thanks again.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much! I've never seen the gps symbol go solid since I've had my Fascinate! I thought it was supposed to flash, LOL! After turning on stand alone gps and turning off Google location the gps locked on to within 6 meters in my house in 5 seconds!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888