app to sd

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have a question about my fascinate I just got it today and updated it to 2.2. I got a certified like new refurb from VZW, so it had no SD card, I had to go to Radio Shack and get a 16GB San Disk card for it. I have a small problem right now, when I move apps to SD card the apps and widgets associated with them disappear, and I cant use the apps unless I open the market and open them from there. On my Droid X I never had this issue if I moved an app to SD I could still use the apps. Is there a setting or something I am missing? or is my SD card messed up?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have a question about my fascinate I just got it today and updated it to 2.2. I got a certified like new refurb from VZW, so it had no SD card, I had to go to Radio Shack and get a 16GB San Disk card for it. I have a small problem right now, when I move apps to SD card the apps and widgets associated with them disappear, and I cant use the apps unless I open the market and open them from there. On my Droid X I never had this issue if I moved an app to SD I could still use the apps. Is there a setting or something I am missing? or is my SD card messed up?

why would you move apps 2 SD you have 2gb worth of storage for that, and when apps are moved they respond more slowly. I really dislike this feature it is only useful for phones with little to no internal storage.

and i dont know why it worked on the DX, it shouldnt have because yes it breaks the association to widgets on most phones not just the fascinate.. I say leave them on internal storage, i would have to install my largest app like 600 times before i lose internal storage space

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

No, I don't think you are missing anything. Like DroidXcon, I don't see the purpose of moving apps to the SD card. I have over 150 apps on my phone and still have over 1GB of space left.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
This is a little OT but is version ED01 the most up to date version that my phone should be running? Reason I ask is because this is my second fascinate the first one kept failing when I tried to update to 2.2, so I was sent this one which updated fine. When I go into the about phone section and hit "Check New", it says that it's going to turn off wifi and update again, but I dont know what it wants to update, I am afraid it might try to downlaod the 2.2 update again and cause me some problems.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is a little OT but is version ED01 the most up to date version that my phone should be running? Reason I ask is because this is my second fascinate the first one kept failing when I tried to update to 2.2, so I was sent this one which updated fine. When I go into the about phone section and hit "Check New", it says that it's going to turn off wifi and update again, but I dont know what it wants to update, I am afraid it might try to downlaod the 2.2 update again and cause me some problems.

Yeah ED01 is the latest build, is that what you are on ?

Reactions: grayfox99

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but it still says it's going to update when I hit check new, I did add a new SD card after I updated to 2.2 maybe that's causing it to want to download another update.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
All righty :-D ill just leave it alone, im just glad it's working so smoothly now, since my last one gave me such a headache.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer