Fascinate or Incredible 2, Charge, or wait?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
But he said that batter life is a factor and I am not getting good battery life at all. I have read all the power setting blogs and such and still no luck. With that being said, I LOVE my Fascinate and for the first time am not jonesing to get my "new every two".

I am starting to wonder if your battery itself isnt crap somehow. I know you have been trying to improve it for awhile with nothing coming about....

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of battery ... we have no idea how well it lasts at this point since we haven't even had it a day yet. But, Costco threw in an extra battery and battery charger as free accessories. So, we can always have a charged battery to throw in it. That did sweeten the deal.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, I couldn't hold her off any longer. We bit the bullet and got the Fascinate for $50 from Costco today. It was the white one and came with a bunch of free accessories, including car charger, case, multimedia dock, extra battery, and vehicle navigation mount. Really couldn't pass up a very good deal. Thanks to all for your thoughts and input. I have a feeling I'll be more of a regular in the Fascinate forums. I do feel quite envious as she gets to have an Android phone before me!

She got a great deal.The White Fascinate does look very stylish. How does she like it after Day 1? :D

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
She got a great deal.The White Fascinate does look very stylish. How does she like it after Day 1? :D

Hard to say. Between me and our two kids, she hasn't had much time to actually use it herself. :)

Seriously though, she does like it so far. It's taking quite a bit for her to get use to since it's her first smartphone. And with it also being the first Android device for either of us, I can't help her too much. I can actually see her teaching me when I finally get my first Android phone.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you plan on keeping stock, remember it has bing search, and touchwiz.

I was in a VZW today and tried out a Fascinate and really liked it. The only thing I did not like was it being Binged. The store rep had the Fascinate next to a Googled phone and did a voice search four different times, in each case the Googled phone found the correct word and the Fascinate did not. Is typical, if so is the possible to unbing it? I assume it needs to be rooted. I currently had a BB 9650 so I do not have experience doing the root procedure. I do have a background in Unix however so I may be able to root it without problems. My #1 must have is the AMOLED screen, so at this time the only choices on VZW are the Fascinate and who knows when it be released Charge. I will be out of town for the month of July so I need to make a decision before the middle of June so I can take either back within the 14 day period if I do not like or have problems with the phone.

I think Touchwiz is fine for me.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If you plan on keeping stock, remember it has bing search, and touchwiz.

I was in a VZW today and tried out a Fascinate and really liked it. The only thing I did not like was it being Binged. The store rep had the Fascinate next to a Googled phone and did a voice search four different times, in each case the Googled phone found the correct word and the Fascinate did not. Is typical, if so is the possible to unbing it? I assume it needs to be rooted. I currently had a BB 9650 so I do not have experience doing the root procedure. I do have a background in Unix however so I may be able to root it without problems. My #1 must have is the AMOLED screen, so at this time the only choices on VZW are the Fascinate and who knows when it be released Charge. I will be out of town for the month of July so I need to make a decision before the middle of June so I can take either back within the 14 day period if I do not like or have problems with the phone.

I think Touchwiz is fine for me.

I remember when the Fascinate first came out, people had "un-Binged" it. But I do believe you had to root, although I'm not positive on that. So far, having Bing is not too much of an issue. You can still use Google in the browser. And you can get Google Navigation from the Market.

Last edited:

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Root it!

If you root you can get rid of Bing. I am on a stock rooted phone now and I have Google for my search button.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I did not like was it being Binged. The store rep had the Fascinate next to a Googled phone and did a voice search four different times, in each case the Googled phone found the correct word and the Fascinate did not

How well does the Fasinate voice search work? the store rep did the test by pressing the microphone button on on both phones at the same time and saying something like McDonalds. The Googled found a search result while the Fascinate did not. I may go back and try my own test to see if I get the same results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair