Extend battery life and such

bbsadaj

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i could very well have blackberry blindness but feel like my samsung fascinate runs through the battery in a much shorter time than my blackberry did. is there anything i can do to prolong the life. a point in the right direction would be appreciated. and number two are task killers worth it or just a battery drain and which one? thanks in advance and hitting the ground running with my fascinate and leaving blackberry in the dust since the first of may!

zombiebot

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have the time, this forum has just about any answer you may need. It has certainly helped me more times than I can count. ROMs & Hacks section has a plethora of knowledge and experience. This is a great place to get plugged into.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i could very well have blackberry blindness but feel like my samsung fascinate runs through the battery in a much shorter time than my blackberry did. is there anything i can do to prolong the life. a point in the right direction would be appreciated. and number two are task killers worth it or just a battery drain and which one? thanks in advance and hitting the ground running with my fascinate and leaving blackberry in the dust since the first of may!

First off, welcome!

Next I just wanted to say that you do not have Blackberry blindness, the battery is shorter. Reading through that thread will help save you some battery life while you are rolling with the stock setup

When you are ready to start flashing new ROMs to your phone, the new Community ROM and the kernel in it will help you with battery life even more...

And as someone else stated, this forum is fantastic for information and TONS of help with whatever you may need. The guru's are great with info and helping out. If you're not sure of anything, ask away. If you think you have messed the phone up, the first piece of advice is don't panic, it can be fixed...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Everything else has been answered so I will just mention the task killers. They are definitely battery drains and tend to do more harm than good, especially automatic or advanced task killers. The Android OS is meant to multitask and will shut down apps and processes as is necessary. Task killers make the Android OS work in a way it wasn't meant to which is harder on the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC