My Device is no more

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Well thought id share some of my bad luck. At work we have a table where we all set our phones. Someone went to grab a empty box from the pile of them next to the table, which caused another box to fall. This box hit one of those metal coffee thermos's which was completely empty, and just knocked it over, and it landed on my phone. You could never cause this chain of events to happen the way it did in a million years

Now when you turn it on you see a line where the mug hit it, and only the top quarter inch of screen work, (can see boot animation). Unfortunately no insurance. And they know it was physical damage "by the curve of the line that shows when you turn it on." absolutely no damage to the glass what so ever. i couldn't believe it. i feel like someone stole my puppy. Sucks about the insurance but my own fault, i could not afford it at the time. But now i cant afford a new device either and am using a "regular everyday phone" until i can save up for the latest and greatest.

Just want to thank all you who have helped me in this forum with any questions i had throughout the journey, and thank the devs which fed my flashing addiction, and my desire for the latest rom. If i am able to pick up a fascinate for cheap i may be back, but i will be back to android as soon as i can get another phone. Who knows what will be out then.:'(

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Well thought id share some of my bad luck. At work we have a table where we all set our phones. Someone went to grab a empty box from the pile of them next to the table, which caused another box to fall. This box hit one of those metal coffee thermos's which was completely empty, and just knocked it over, and it landed on my phone. You could never cause this chain of events to happen the way it did in a million years

Now when you turn it on you see a line where the mug hit it, and only the top quarter inch of screen work, (can see boot animation). Unfortunately no insurance. And they know it was physical damage "by the curve of the line that shows when you turn it on." absolutely no damage to the glass what so ever. i couldn't believe it. i feel like someone stole my puppy. Sucks about the insurance but my own fault, i could not afford it at the time. But now i cant afford a new device either and am using a "regular everyday phone" until i can save up for the latest and greatest.

Just want to thank all you who have helped me in this forum with any questions i had throughout the journey, and thank the devs which fed my flashing addiction, and my desire for the latest rom. If i am able to pick up a fascinate for cheap i may be back, but i will be back to android as soon as i can get another phone. Who knows what will be out then.:'(

It's not under warranty? It should be under warranty for a year from the time you bought it. Unless there's some other reason it isn't...

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
So why should a warranty cover a item that it's broke do to the owners fault?
So a dumb question? Why or what is the reason all the phones are on the table? I would be looking at the party whom caused the accident to pony up the money for the phone. I have two different belt clips to carry the phone. Never in a pocket, I have seen to many phones fall out and get damaged. Insurance could have ben added at any time.
My father in law just found that out with his phone. Asked me to cancel the insurance and I did. Dropped his phone into the fishing pond out back. He had to buy another phone. Full price. Lucky for him it's a basic flip for $200.00 now it's insured. Good luck. Some one owes you a new phone and it's the jerk who broke it or the clean who came up with the "table" rule!

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that sucks! I would be out for blood, lol. I had a similar thing happen to my old EnV (aka the dark ages!) but the friend who killed it bought me a new one. Good luck.

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
So why should a warranty cover a item that it's broke do to the owners fault?
So a dumb question? Why or what is the reason all the phones are on the table? I would be looking at the party whom caused the accident to pony up the money for the phone. I have two different belt clips to carry the phone. Never in a pocket, I have seen to many phones fall out and get damaged. Insurance could have ben added at any time.
My father in law just found that out with his phone. Asked me to cancel the insurance and I did. Dropped his phone into the fishing pond out back. He had to buy another phone. Full price. Lucky for him it's a basic flip for $200.00 now it's insured. Good luck. Some one owes you a new phone and it's the jerk who broke it or the clean who came up with the "table" rule!

They are on the table because we are not allowed to have them while working (its a meat market/grocery store) and we are allowed to keep them on us, but my pocket is same height as the meat counter that i reach in to get meat out of all day and it constantly would be hitting the phone. So they are on table with it meaning to be safer. And the person who caused accident really was not their fault it would have happened to anyone who took the next box. Luckily i have a birthday coming up so hopefully i can get some extra cash and get a new device