Google Voice visual voicemail

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this had been asked before, but I wasn't able to find any threads on this issue for the Fascinate.

I'm trying to get google voice set up on my Fascinate to take advantage of the visual voice mail feature since Verizon wants to charge me $3 a month. Whenever I try to set up google voice and I get the *71xxxxxxx number to call and configure my phone, I get "Welcome to Verizon wireless, your number cannot be completed as dialed." Does anyone know how to easily switch my phone's voicemail service from Verizon to Google voice?

Jrex

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I had problems setting it up aswell, I'm don't remember exactly but I remember dialing the number and hearing 2 or 3 beeps (kinda like when you are making a 3way call) and then the call ends after about 3 or 4 seconds. This is the part I can't remember so well but after the call ends I think I hit back and it goes to the menu as before and you can continue from there, once you hear the series of beeps then the call did complete but you have to continue the setup to configure GV on your end. It will prompt with selections for international calling etc.. I hope this helps!