Sad day...

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
First time I run around with my phone with the case off (I had to do a battery pull and didn't put the case on before I left) and I get out of the car, grab the phone, and scream in terror as it goes whirling down to the cement. Crash boom, back comes flying off, battery flying out, phone rolling.. it was a terrible site. Then, I picked it all up.. the back of the case only had a few minor scratches/dings, and nothing on the screen at all, put battery back in, and it turned on just fine. Everything works, screen looks fine, back isn't noticable with the hard case back on it. Only thing affected, resale value. I probably wont resell it anyway, just use it as a nice Mp3 player if it can be used without service (and without having to enter in the numbers or w/e every time)

Anyway, I'm thankful that nothing terrible happened. My only question is, is there a place where you can buy stock OEM backs? How about glass? If anything terrible does happen to it, I'd like a replacement shell if possible.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Verizon sells the replacement backs for $4.99 each, but I noticed yesterday they are out of stock. As far as replacement screens, those typically run around $90 through various online sources

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess I won't be keeping a replacement screen around, but I will keep a back around if I can get one from VZW. Thanks for the heads up. My screen is fine, I guess I more or less meant the glass/front cover. Unless those are 90, that would make me sad. Anyway, I don't think I'll be purchasing one of those, I'll be replacing my phone before I need one of those (I hope.)

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently started running around with my fascinate with no case and ive dropped it a couple times from 3-5 feet off the ground. Noticed a couple knicks and scratches along the outer rim, screen is still flawless due to my clear protector, and I ended up giving the back a light sanding job followed by a nice coat of matte black. Since I already mastered disassembling and re-assembling my phone, ill wait off on replacing the front and rear housing parts till im ready to sell it.

update: the fascinate standard battery covers are back in stock in the VWZ site

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Gossett

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I always buy a spare back from VZW. The last couple (DX and SF) were only $5 each, with free shipping. You can't beat that price. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21