i'm following the steps from
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-how-root.html
    but it seems like it doesn't work.. on the cmd it says

Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp files
    Mount: operation not permitted
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file system
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file system
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: no such file or directory
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: no such file or directory

can anyone help me? i'm really new at this not not familiar with computer/phone stuff so i'm in desperate help.
    05-18-2011 03:19 AM

/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file system
    /data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file system

can anyone help me? i'm really new at this not not familiar with computer/phone stuff so i'm in desperate help.
    Hey, I recommend trying out POST #5 in this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ing-forum.html

It's pretty easy and the steps are layed out well, just read through it follow it correctly and you'll be rooted in no time. Hope this helps, enjoy!
    05-18-2011 03:22 AM

If you would like i can root the phone for you over screen share.

And for future reference please do not follow directions of threads that are closed, they are usually closed for a reason. Most of the time they are out of date
    05-18-2011 04:12 AM
    thank you both, i'll try it again with the new link.
    and if it still doesn't work can i ask for your help, droidxcon?
    and what is screen share?
    05-18-2011 01:40 PM
    thank you both, i'll try it again with the new link.
    and if it still doesn't work can i ask for your help, droidxcon?
    and what is screen share?
    Yes ....where I control your computer remotely

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-18-2011 01:45 PM
    [IMG][/IMG]
    05-18-2011 03:02 PM
    Look up super one click on XDA, it roots your phone in 20 secs. Just don't forget to enable usb debugging before starting.
    05-18-2011 06:59 PM
    Hi I'm trying to root my Evo 3d but it keep saying this

CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!...????
    01-13-2013 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD