3G fails, ESN swaps and other placebos

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine has also got bad again, Verizon sending me a replacement. In the meantime have went through the returning to stock process for now to return, even have the ED03 update (whatever good that is).

Here is my question, just for kicks after returning to stock I did the ESN swap again, this time instead of switching back a few minutes later I activated the other phone (blackberry) waited a few more minutes then swapped back to the Fascinate. So far it is running flawless on the ED03, 3G locks faster than ever and holds. Last time didn't turn on the temp phone at all could this be why the first ESN swap didn't take ?

fstbusa

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I swapped my ESN this morning to my old BB storm. Made a couple calls and used the data for about an hour. I've been back on my fascinate for over an hour and haven't dropped 3g once yet. Hope this continues. I just left ComRom on my device when I did the swap.

Crossing my fingers now....... :)

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I swapped my ESN this morning to my old BB storm. Made a couple calls and used the data for about an hour. I've been back on my fascinate for over an hour and haven't dropped 3g once yet. Hope this continues. I just left ComRom on my device when I did the swap.

Crossing my fingers now....... :)

I went back to stock only for returning purposes if I need to. Going to try this again for a few days before going back to ComRom on whichever device I wind up keeping.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Update:

After two and a half days of no 3G drops I have reloaded ComRom and everything is running great. Looks like I did the ESN swap incorrectly.

Keeping fingers crossed, really don't want a refurb this soon into my contract.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This is going to sound really dumb.... bit here goes..

1) How can you tell if your 3G is cutting out? From the icon in the status bar or just not being able to use data?

2) What is this ESN swap everyone is doing? Is there a thread or post that explains it?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I just want to drop my $.02 in this thread. A lot of people seem to be pointing fingers at Verizon or even their current handset. I'm like 99.999999% sure that it's the fascinate hardware that's the culprit. I love this phone save for two things. The Radio and well the radio(bluetooth). My OG Droid had superior reception and didn't drop my bluetooth connection every time it felt like it. I don't understand why Sammy chose to cheap out on those two key things but if the Charge or next Galaxy phone is the same, I'm either going back to Moto or over to LG. After starting to have this problem a month ago(and now ghost buttons too), I can't defend my Fascinate anymore.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams