My wifes fascinate won't OTA or Manual Update

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Someone please help me out. I'm a thunderbolt user and my wife has a fascinate. When she got it back in Jan of this year, there was an update that was available as soon as she activated the phone for the first time. This update was to the DI01 version. Since then several updates have been released but her phone doesn't recieve the pushes and i have tried to manually update it via several different methods which all failed. When you try to tell the phone to check for updates it checks for rough;y 5 minutes then the checking now..... thing disappears. When this happens you recieve no notification on whether there is an update, if no updates are available or even if the server was available. You recieve no notification whats so ever. If you click the status button it tells me that the server is unavailable with 500. I have called verizon numerous times and they say to be patient but it seems as i am being patient, update after update seems to be passing her phone by. Samsung was of no bi help either i must say. The only thing verizon is willing to do is send a free replacement refurb phone which i guess is acceptable but her phone works so why replace it. How do i get the thing to update and how can i do it with official roms..lol Oh and by the way i have done a factory reset on the phone and a factory wipe from the screen that pops up when you power the phone on while holding the volume up and down buttons and tried to do updates but they fail. I even tried the ODIN bit with the download screen and it failed

Her phone needs 2.2 badly because the memory seems to bottle neck easily.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Someone please help me out. I'm a thunderbolt user and my wife has a fascinate. When she got it back in Jan of this year, there was an update that was available as soon as she activated the phone for the first time. This update was to the DI01 version. Since then several updates have been released but her phone doesn't recieve the pushes and i have tried to manually update it via several different methods which all failed. When you try to tell the phone to check for updates it checks for rough;y 5 minutes then the checking now..... thing disappears. When this happens you recieve no notification on whether there is an update, if no updates are available or even if the server was available. You recieve no notification whats so ever. If you click the status button it tells me that the server is unavailable with 500. I have called verizon numerous times and they say to be patient but it seems as i am being patient, update after update seems to be passing her phone by. Samsung was of no bi help either i must say. The only thing verizon is willing to do is send a free replacement refurb phone which i guess is acceptable but her phone works so why replace it. How do i get the thing to update and how can i do it with official roms..lol Oh and by the way i have done a factory reset on the phone and a factory wipe from the screen that pops up when you power the phone on while holding the volume up and down buttons and tried to do updates but they fail. I even tried the ODIN bit with the download screen and it failed

Her phone needs 2.2 badly because the memory seems to bottle neck easily.

If her phone is actually on DI01, she may not get the update. She needs to be on DL09 or EA28. Click the menu soft key and go settings=>about phone, scroll down and see what it says under baseband, firmware, kernel, and build. If it is DI01, follow the steps in this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...70-howto-get-ed01-official-froyo-quickly.html

Her phone may update automatically once you flash to DL09.

dncrwyn

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I had same problem. Took it to verizon store and they did a factory reset, because they felt that one of my apps was blocking the phone from downloading the new software. After the reset the phone started the download of froyo.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I helped my mom update hers. Her battery life went from getting almost 2 days to less than 12 hours. If she is happy with what she has might want to leave it alone. I googled froyo update and battery apparently it happens to allot of people after the update.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Try simply turning off the wifi. It won't allow you to update over wifi, but it will let you do a manual update right after the 3g signal is established

Reactions: Landshark

sandman96

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had major problems after updating to Froyo. Even after doing a factory reset with a Verizon Tech on the phone, it still wouldn't update to a patch that came out at the beginning of the May. Don't be in a huge rush for Froyo. It really screwed up my phone, stopped getting all the txt's that were being sent to my phone, calls being dropped and in the middle of a call I'd loose the ability to hear people but they'd still hear me. Some apps like the default music player would randomly stop working in the middle of a song, the app would just shut down, the gallery would sometimes just start up and cycling through my photos. In the end, a Verizon tech gave up and had a refurbished phone sent to me. It's only been a few days, but so far it's actually working. This will be my last Samsung phone, that's for sure.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
none of these have worked. I believe the problem to be after the DI01 update. The phone worked a fairly decent but never well. I call verizon about it today and they are sending a replacement phone free of charge. they said that the OTA probably messed the pgone up somehow.

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
My phone was stuck at EA28. So I just flashed CommRom, then flashed EC01 and it works fine now.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae