Pulling Contacts off phone into Exchange Server

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
One of my associates has a problem: He was syncing with an Exchange server, and the server was upgraded. After the upgrade, his whole Exchange box got hosed. But his Fascinate still has his Contacts and calendar info on it. If I set up his phone to sync with the new server, will the contacts be pulled off his phone and back into Exchange, since it's a 2-way sync?

Just want to make sure before I do it and wipe them from his phone accidentally.

Thanks!!

Ken

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
One of my associates has a problem: He was syncing with an Exchange server, and the server was upgraded. After the upgrade, his whole Exchange box got hosed. But his Fascinate still has his Contacts and calendar info on it. If I set up his phone to sync with the new server, will the contacts be pulled off his phone and back into Exchange, since it's a 2-way sync?

Just want to make sure before I do it and wipe them from his phone accidentally.

Thanks!!

Ken

Which app is he using that has all his contacts in it?

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Which app is he using that has all his contacts in it?

No app, just the stock Exchange connector. What I am hoping for is to have me connect his phone to the new server, and have it merge his contacts and calendar to his empty mailbox, hoping that it doesn't do the opposite, wiping everything from his phone because his new Exchange box is empty.

I did find an app that will back up his contacts to a CSV file on his SD card, so that will work, but just found out he is more concerned with his calendar appointments.

Does Samsung have a sync program like HTC does? Maybe that would work somehow, but I'm not familiar with Samsung phones, owning an EVO.

Thanks for the reply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463