1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Evil Fascination 3.5

Default Fascinate is still king for the lowest SAR rating?

The new Revolution by LG comes close but the fascinate and its derivatives (continuum for one) still seem to come out ahead.

The Fascinate's SAR rating: Head: 0.57 W/kg; Body: 0.52 W/kg

The Revolution's SAR rating: Head: 0.77 W/kg; Body: 0.95 W/kg

Most any other smartphone: Head: 1+ W/kg; Body: 1+ W/kg

Judging by past threads on SAR, very few people care or know what a SAR rating is. For everyone else, this is for you.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for posting this, adjangs, I had never heard of SAR. This makes me feel good about my Fascinate all over again

oh yeah, for the rest of us, save a click...

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

Interesting
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Evil Fascination 3.5

"Mobiles 'possibly carcinogenic': WHO"

"A possible cancer risk, but not proven. A comprehensive, international review of mobile phone users named it as an increased, but not definitive, cancer risk.

The World Health Organisation's cancer agency is suggesting people go hands-free or text until more is known about the devices."

Could it be the lowest, because the antenna and signal strength on the Fascinate is so bad?

We might not get cancer and we might not get that phone call, text or webpage either.

- Tim

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by thornbeck View Post
    Could it be the lowest, because the antenna and signal strength on the Fascinate is so bad?

We might not get cancer and we might not get that phone call, text or webpage either.

- Tim
    Fortunately for us, the signal strength meter on the Fascinate may not be entirely accurate. I have had crystal clear calls with only one bar showing on my meter. I have also seen it mentioned elsewhere someone tested out signal strength against a DroidX - Droid X had 4 bars, Fascinate 2, and Droid X was the one with the poor call quality.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Evil Fascination 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by thornbeck View Post

- Tim
    The phone I most recently owned was a blackberry with double the SAR and equal reception.