Help. I am going to throw my phone out the window.

midnight93933

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i was updating my phone yesterday. added the new cwm 3 and a new rom. I was fine to go back to stock so i used the comm rom then when it rebooted I installed amazon appstore, di some customizations. Then I turned of my phone and went to bed. I woke up and my phone was crashing left and right. Launcher 7 fc, amazon fc pretty much useless. I thought it was a bad rom, so I used the evil fascination rom ([ROM][ED01][5/25/11] Evil Fascination v3.6.0 - xda-developers) and did used that. I installed everything back then i restarted same thing. Any advice would be very much appreciated since i am going out of town tomarrow.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i was updating my phone yesterday. added the new cwm 3 and a new rom. I was fine to go back to stock so i used the comm rom then when it rebooted I installed amazon appstore, di some customizations. Then I turned of my phone and went to bed. I woke up and my phone was crashing left and right. Launcher 7 fc, amazon fc pretty much useless. I thought it was a bad rom, so I used the evil fascination rom ([ROM][ED01][5/25/11] Evil Fascination v3.6.0 - xda-developers) and did used that. I installed everything back then i restarted same thing. Any advice would be very much appreciated since i am going out of town tomarrow.

Besides a full wipe, you should probably fix permissions.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How do i change permissions

I don't know if the fix permissions script is included in EF. It should be since it is based off Comm ROM. Boot to CWM, use the volume buttons to scroll down to advanced, hit the power button, scroll to fix permissions, power button. When done, hit the menu soft key until you are back to the page where reboot system now is highlighted at the top of the screen and hit the power button.

Or you can download Android terminal emulator from the market, open it up, you will see a $ at the top of the screen, type su and hit the enter key on your keyboard. Superusuer permission will be granted. Hit the soft back key to exit terminal emulator, go back into terminal emulator, type su next to the $ again, hit the enter key, this time a # will appear and your keyboard will still be visible. Type fxpms next to #, hit the enter key on the keyboard. Lots of script will scroll on the screen, when it is done, exit terminal emulator.

midnight93933

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if the fix permissions script is included in EF. It should be since it is based off Comm ROM. Boot to CWM, use the volume buttons to scroll down to advanced, hit the power button, scroll to fix permissions, power button. When done, hit the menu soft key until you are back to the page where reboot system now is highlighted at the top of the screen and hit the power button.

Or you can download Android terminal emulator from the market, open it up, you will see a $ at the top of the screen, type su and hit the enter key on your keyboard. Superusuer permission will be granted. Hit the soft back key to exit terminal emulator, go back into terminal emulator, type su next to the $ again, hit the enter key, this time a # will appear and your keyboard will still be visible. Type fxpms next to #, hit the enter key on the keyboard. Lots of script will scroll on the screen, when it is done, exit terminal emulator.

Ok i will try it

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What window should I roll down? Kidding, sounds like a "fresh start" would be good.

No need to roll down a window. Just toss it out the sunroof. That's how I get a "fresh start" too, stand up out the sunroof and let the pits air out.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I am not anywhere near as good at this as shark, but I would Odin the pre-rooted stock package and start over - then follow all the steps to get you to your desired rom, radio, kernel etc.

In the end I settled on the stock rooted ED01 Odin package - debloated it myself - then did the requisite Nandoird backup once I had her where I wanted her - runs solid as a rock and quick.

Did the comm rom thing for a while, but I actually like most (not all) of the Samsung special sauce.

I have found that odin cures a lot of ills

Kind of the tactical nuke, and the window would be all out thermonuke

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am not anywhere near as good at this as shark, but I would Odin the pre-rooted stock package and start over - then follow all the steps to get you to your desired rom, radio, kernel etc.

In the end I settled on the stock rooted ED01 Odin package - debloated it myself - then did the requisite Nandoird backup once I had her where I wanted her - runs solid as a rock and quick.

Did the comm rom thing for a while, but I actually like most (not all) of the Samsung special sauce.

I have found that odin cures a lot of ills

Kind of the tactical nuke, and the window would be all out thermonuke

No, you're as good as me. ODIN back to stock then build it up would have been the next step if fixing permissions didn't work. Since fixing permissions only takes a few seconds, I figured it couldn't hurt to do that first before nuking. That's the great thing about this forum, everyone learns from everyone else, and pretty soon we're all picking up little hints, tips, and tricks form each other and we're all better for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781