Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dolphin HD and Xmarks add-in not working

I'm having a weird problem where Dolphin HD is no longer applying the bookmarks from the Xmarks add-in. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Dolphin and Xmarks, clearing the cache, wiping the cache from recovery, etc.

Anyone have a fix for this?

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Works fine for me..

Have you tried re-downloading the X-marks plug in?
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

Wow I did not know this existed - i love marks - sorry you are having trouble with it but thanks for bringing it to my attention

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Xmarks and Lastpass are standard on my setup. I paid for the subscription. It's well worth not having to find the password field every time.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've tried (three times) to delete and reinstall Dolphin and all the add-ins, and it still is not picking up bookmarks from the Xmarks add-in.

Also, I can't find a way to delete existing bookmarks in Dolphin. In previous versions, I could long-click and delete, but that's no longer working.

Which version of Dolphin HD are you using?

The Xmarks plugin doesn't work with version 5 onwards.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the tip, Browngeek. That would seem to be the answer -- I'm using the newest version of Dolphin.

I'm curious where you found the info on this. An Xmarks or Dolphin site?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Browngeek. That would seem to be the answer -- I'm using the newest version of Dolphin.

I'm curious where you found the info on this. An Xmarks or Dolphin site?

Thanks!
    I confirmed with CS rep at Xmarks that bookmarks no longer sync with Dolphin HD ver 5.0+.

Email from Xmarks rep:

2011-06-14 19:45 A note will go out on Android Market for sure, and I might do a blog post as well. Dolphin may also post a note.

But regardless, next time you notice Xmarks for Dolphin Browser HD update, it'll be compatible.

Thumbs up Xmarks update now available in markets

Hi,

Xmarks just released an update for their Dolphin HD plug-in. It is available in Markets.
    After installing this update, the bookmark-sync is working with the new version of Dolphin HD.

Regards
    Markus
    Thanked by:
    Kalnel 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the update, Markus. I will update to the new version and give it a try.