Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default VZ is pushing ED04...

Just downloaded ED04 OTA...

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Verizon website says there are two enhancements in this ED04 upgrade, most likely just an MR (maintenance release):

1. Improvements to the delivery of Over the Air (OTA) software updates
    2. improved incoming call connectivity

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_up..._fascinate.pdf

Funny, I thought ED03 corrected the problem with OTA's
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

so i guess this'll be the same as getting the ed01 modem, flash dl09>ea28>ed04? or do we need to wait for this to be incorporated into the comm rom?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Sabban View Post
    so i guess this'll be the same as getting the ed01 modem, flash dl09>ea28>ed04? or do we need to wait for this to be incorporated into the comm rom?
    It may not be incorporated into the next version of Comm ROM. Remember, ED03 was out before Comm ROM 2.0 came out and it is still based on ED01. I guess it depends on how much time TSM has with the new stuff and whether they feel it is necessary or desirable to include in Comm ROM. I guess we'll have to see if comradesven can work his magic again and get us a zip file to get the ED04 modem for improved call connectivity. And don't forget, there is no modem included in Comm ROM. You are on your own for the modem.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

who cares about ots's

tsm fixed call isssues.

ed04. snoozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze

ROM
    DX2:eclipse2.2 Fasn8:ICS

Default Got 'nother 2.2 OTA update. whats the deal?

I just noticed we are so lucky to get another 2.2 update. Thought by its size it seems small, not really that significant. Anyone shed a little light on what we get? Maybe Verizon decided we were looking thin and needed some more bloat.

Verizon website says..
    ED04
    enhancements:
    + Improvements to the delivery of Over The Air (OTA) Software Updates.
    + Improved incoming call connectivity

I also read something about the Mesmerize getting an update dealing with missed phone calls. I think it was on the front page of Android Central.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    who cares about ots's

tsm fixed call isssues.

ed04. snoozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze
    I thought birdman and tonu teamed up and fixed call issues

I am guessing there is an inside joke here but I have seen incoming call issues on KB 1.2 and now with 2.0. I did the ED01 upgrade, then went back to EC01 and then did the ED03 upgrade. Still get complaints of calls going to VM and my phone never showing a missed call. Hopefully this will get packaged like ED03 and actually do something. **fingers crossed**

I had to re-root.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Any OTA will break root, so that makes sense
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

Yea ive had problems with not always getting my calls, wife would sometimes get mad thinking im ignoring her. Would definatly like to see this either incoporated into the comm rom or at least an update zip to be able to get the ed04 modem

Yea ive had problems with not always getting my calls, wife would sometimes get mad thinking im ignoring her. Would definatly like to see this either incoporated into the comm rom or at least an update zip to be able to get the ed04 modem

I experienced the same thing also and i actuallywitnessed it when i had the phone in front of me and then the voicemail icon came on... hopefully someone can provide a fix without having to do the ota
    Dis-Member

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

+1 one on this! I just got my **** chewed out this morning by my wife as she called me 5 times before the phone rang. I have the phone on a windsheild mount in my car, so I also get a visual from the dash.
    One time it went to VM and another she swears I hung up on her. If ED04 resolves this, then I may have to go back to stock.

Anyone have any insights on this?

BTW I'm running CM 1.3 with -50 mv PBJ Odin loadset.

Mike
    IL KYOCK PIL SAL

ok so other people are having problems with not receiving phone calls as well. I thought I was the only one. I think it's safe to say we need to get this fixed for health reasons. My g/f is going to kill me if I "ignore" her phone calls again ;P

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Hopefully this fixes the call connectivity issues finally.
    I guess we loose root too?

How can I determine which modem I am currently on?
    I am still new to all this but I found the following. Maybe Lankshark or someone else could determine if this will work for us. Check the following link:
    [MODEM][ODIN][CWM]DL09, EA28, ED01, ED03, ED04 modems without ridiculous 100MB OTAs - xda-developers
    They have a ED04 zip file to download.

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhk1 View Post
    How can I determine which modem I am currently on?
    I am still new to all this but I found the following. Maybe Lankshark or someone else could determine if this will work for us. Check the following link:
    [MODEM][ODIN][CWM]DL09, EA28, ED01, ED03, ED04 modems without ridiculous 100MB OTAs - xda-developers
    They have a ED04 zip file to download.
    Just go to Setting>About Phone and the baseband is the modem you are currently on.

Global Posts
    1,203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

does anyone have a link to ED04?
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    It may not be incorporated into the next version of Comm ROM. Remember, ED03 was out before Comm ROM 2.0 came out and it is still based on ED01. I guess it depends on how much time TSM has with the new stuff and whether they feel it is necessary or desirable to include in Comm ROM. I guess we'll have to see if comradesven can work his magic again and get us a zip file to get the ED04 modem for improved call connectivity. And don't forget, there is no modem included in Comm ROM. You are on your own for the modem.
    Landshark,
    I thought that Comm ROM has a modem because under highlights it says ED01. Trying to keep up with all this stuff so am I missing something?

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kangbang 1.3, ED01 Modem

Landshark,
    I thought that Comm ROM has a modem because under highlights it says ED01. Trying to keep up with all this stuff so am I missing something?
    Comm Rom is a Froyo based Rom. It works with the kernels in conjunction, basically your operating system. The modem is something different that comes separate from the comm rom.

Jus t did the update using the steps here and it worked just fine. [MODEM][ODIN][CWM]DL09, EA28, ED01, ED03, ED04 modems without ridiculous 100MB OTAs
    Last edited by netlagger; 06-09-2011 at 02:27 PM.

have 3 Fascinates. 2 OTA just fine. 3rd is quite stubborn :-) Server Unavailable.
    I upgraded it to ED01 from EA28 via an update.zip I found. Worked fine.
    (copied it to root of sdcard, rebooted and update away. )

Anyone know where this 'update.zip' is so i can get Mr. Stubborn from ED01 to ED04 ???

Thanks!

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kangbang 1.3, ED01 Modem

Quote Originally Posted by herbb623 View Post
    have 3 Fascinates. 2 OTA just fine. 3rd is quite stubborn :-) Server Unavailable.
    I upgraded it to ED01 from EA28 via an update.zip I found. Worked fine.
    (copied it to root of sdcard, rebooted and update away. )

Anyone know where this 'update.zip' is so i can get Mr. Stubborn from ED01 to ED04 ???

Thanks!
    Look at the link right above your post. It will only work using CWM 3. It is an edify script.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Landshark,
    That ED01 just means the ROM is based off the ED01 build. ROMs do not include modems. Custom ROMs available here contain the ROM, kernel, and recovery (CWM), modems have always been separate. The ODIN packages contain modem, ROM, kernel, and recovery. Although just recently I started putting ODIN packages together without modems due to not having separate ODIN flashable modem files for the ED01 and ED03 modems.

Global Posts
    1,203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

FYI.... I had to go back to stock DL09 today and when I did the upgrade path it went to Froyo with DL04. Awesome! Now to root and get back to Comm Romm. :-)
    עם ישראל חי
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast