Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default transfer photos from camera to sd card without using a pc?

Is there a way to transfer photos from camera to sd card without using a pc?

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly

The photos are stored on the SD card by default. Or am I not understanding...
    Android: If it ain't broke, you haven't flashed nearly enough stuff yet...

Quote Originally Posted by tn.guy View Post
    Is there a way to transfer photos from camera to sd card without using a pc?
    You can move the photos by going to My Files > DCIM > Camera > Press "Menu", "More", then "Move".....u should have it from there

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

The DCIM folder the camera saves to is already I'm the SD card. I'm confused too...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

I'm confused to. Are you referring to transferring pics from an actual camera to the sd card on your phone?
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

So why is it when checking out photos in gallery it shows photos on camera, then sd card. I've also noticed that when i had to restore phone, only photo's left, was the ones on sd card and not the ones taken by camera.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

It's possible you have more than one photo folder on your SD card. That would explain the gallery showing both. But as far as resetting your phone making pictures disappear, that shouldn't happen, because doing a data wipe doesn't touch the SD card (where your pictures are stored)
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

Default Re: transfer photos from camera to sd card without using a pc?

I have exactly the same problem: when checking out photos in gallery it shows photos on camera, then photos on the SD card. For some reason my camera is NOT saving the pictures to the SD card. Before I restore factory settings, I want to save all the photos to the SD card. I don't know how to do this. Or I could save them to my PC. But I cannot figure out that either.

I cannot follow the "go to My Files > DCIM > Camera > Press "Menu", "More", then "Move"..." instruction because I do not know where to find My Files. Don't see it on the settings menu or any of the camera setting options. Thanks for any assistance.

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

You have to go into the app drawer and find the app, "my files" I think that's what it is called. From there you can follow the instructions given. Hope this helps you out.

After "Move," then where? I don't see anything that says SD card. Thanks for your help!

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

If you are in the"my files" app and are trying to move files, then the files you are moving should already be on the sd card. You would just be moving them around your sd card. Did that make sense? if this isn't you're case people will need more info to help you out, your post is somewhat vague. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by syndega1 View Post
    You can move the photos by going to My Files > DCIM > Camera > Press "Menu", "More", then "Move".....u should have it from there
    I have a samsung infues is there a way to move my fotos from my phone to my sd card without a pc

I think I can clear up some confusion: on my Epic 4G touch, there are 2 types of sd card. There's the regular external sd, which is probably what the poster is trying to get pictures onto and then there's what Samsung is using as the default sd memory, which is really just internal phone memory that happens to be labeled as sd.

So if you're trying to move your pictures from that internal sd memory to your external sd card, follow the same procedure: My files>tap and hold DCIM>select move> select the folder called external_sd>All done!

Ok so here's the problem... My Incredible couldnt charge anymore so I got sent an Incredible 2 but my picture didnt get put on the sd card and it was in the phone when I took them and it told me they would be stored there so when I looked on my new phone there were no pictures now I can find someone with a incredible battery thats charged so i can turn the phone on but since the phone cant charge it cant sync to a computer either:l it really makes no sense whatsoever that my old pantech can move files on the phone but i gotta beat around the bush for a "smart phone"

I have a Samsung captivate and am trying to save pics fro. My gallery on my sd card. I tried what u said to go to files click dcim and hit move but it says operation not permitted in this folder. Pls help

Thank you this was very helpful!

Where do I find, My File..... I have looked everywhere but cannot find any file that is listed as "My File"

Well I have a Nikon Coolpix S205 and I did it by going to my images I pressed the menu button then I clicked copy, when that menu came up I selected from camera to sd card. So it's: Images>Menu>Copy>Camera to SD Card

The instructions are clear up until I'm told to click on "menu". Just where is that located?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfreefall View Post
    I think I can clear up some confusion: on my Epic 4G touch, there are 2 types of sd card. There's the regular external sd, which is probably what the poster is trying to get pictures onto and then there's what Samsung is using as the default sd memory, which is really just internal phone memory that happens to be labeled as sd.

So if you're trying to move your pictures from that internal sd memory to your external sd card, follow the same procedure: My files>tap and hold DCIM>select move> select the folder called external_sd>All done!
    In getting to the DCIM, there's a choice of brow....otos and camera. Nowhere do I see "move"; otherwise, your directions are very clear.

It took me a couple times to figure out how this was done. I have an S5Active, and for some reason pictures started to save in a separate file, one had the camera and sd icon and one just had the camera icon.

In order to put the pictures which are under the file containing only the camera icon, into the file with the camera and SD card icon the following steps should be taken.

Open Apps
    Open My FIles
    Select Device Storage
    Select DCIM
    Select Camera
    This will display a list of all of the photos in the file marked with the camera icon ONLY.
    Tap and hold one of the files and use the Select All option you should see checkmarks next to all of your pics now.
    Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right and select Move
    Select SD Card
    Select DCIM
    Select Camera
    Select Move to Here. It will take a while for the files to download you will know you got it right when you see the loading bar and the % and 1/how many photos you are moving.

I hope this helps I know it was frustrating the hell outta me because my phone kept running outta space and my phone was getting hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell. To prevent this from happening again, simply go to camera settings and scroll down (using your finger there is no scroll bar, tricky)to Storage and select the Storage card instead of save to device.