What 's in a name?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's time for me to chime in. I'm a big fan of comedy and for some reason I really got a kick out of the old Saturday Night Live skit with the landshark (and yes, my avatar is actually a pic of the landshark from the skit.) I'm also a big Jimmy Buffet fan and there's a line from his song Fins that mentions the "sharks that can swim on the land." Add into that the collaboration between Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville brewing company and Anheuser Busch brewing which produced Landshark beer. It's a great, light, summertime beer. So the name Landshark brings all that together.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so this is a great topic btw i always want to ask people but seem to get sidetracked easily. Im like that dog from up , in that if you yell "Squirrel!!" I get all distracted.

ok so my name. well my first ever smart phone was the Droid X, i kept trying to find something cool that went with it but there is not many X words that work
  • DroidXray = people would have thought my name is ray or that i was a radiologist
  • DroidXylophone = yeah when was the last time you met a hip Xylophonist :confused:
  • DroidXmen = Comic book geek (not that there is anything wrong with that)
  • DroidXerosis = an abnormal dryness of body parts :-[ umm no

As i was trying to find other word that began with X my sister walks in talking about my uncle having trouble finding a job because of him being and Ex convict. And there it was DroidXcon just rolled off my tongue so that worked :) .

My avatar use to be something that i made in paint it represents Samsung since im obviously a fanboy of and my favorite band 30 seconds to mars
6614-android_articleavatar47-1.jpg

then one day i was trying to make video tutorials and i wanted a cool logo, so i asked CyberWarrior to make one up for me (of which i donated quite a bit for the work he does) and he came up with alot of different ones for me which i love. he does great work.

he even did Team Androphiles logo which came out great IMHO
androwhite300res-1-1.jpg

OK thats it for me , thanks for posting thing i would love to hear more about peoples names and avatars :D

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine is so stupid, Ok I was really into wrestling for a while, back in the day and a "jobber" was kind of like what they would call a knuckle head wrestler and I thought it was hilarious. So back when I had a partypoker account I just came up with the name "bigjobber69" That was a good 5-7 yrs ago. Now for some reason when I created my AC account this popped into my head so I ran with it. Oh and for the 69 part, just a silly number and im immature. O:)

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so this is a great topic btw i always want to ask people but seem to get sidetracked easily. Im like that dog from up , in that if you yell "Squirrel!!" I get all distracted.

ok so my name. well my first ever smart phone was the Droid X, i kept trying to find something cool that went with it but there is not many X words that work
  • DroidXray = people would have thought my name is ray or that i was a radiologist
  • DroidXylophone = yeah when was the last time you met a hip Xylophonist :confused:
  • DroidXmen = Comic book geek (not that there is anything wrong with that)
  • DroidXerosis = an abnormal dryness of body parts :-[ umm no

As i was trying to find other word that began with X my sister walks in talking about my uncle having trouble finding a job because of him being and Ex convict. And there it was DroidXcon just rolled off my tongue so that worked :) .

My avatar use to be something that i made in paint it represents Samsung since im obviously a fanboy of and my favorite band 30 seconds to mars
6614-android_articleavatar47-1.jpg

then one day i was trying to make video tutorials and i wanted a cool logo, so i asked CyberWarrior to make one up for me (of which i donated quite a bit for the work he does) and he came up with alot of different ones for me which i love. he does great work.

he even did Team Androphiles logo which came out great IMHO
androwhite300res-1-1.jpg

OK thats it for me , thanks for posting thing i would love to hear more about peoples names and avatars :D
Dude, what a most excellent story. Thanks for sharing

Another Round Fired from Tapatalk

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine is so stupid, Ok I was really into wrestling for a while, back in the day and a "jobber" was kind of like what they would call a knuckle head wrestler and I thought it was hilarious. So back when I had a partypoker account I just came up with the name "bigjobber69" That was a good 5-7 yrs ago. Now for some reason when I created my AC account this popped into my head so I ran with it. Oh and for the 69 part, just a silly number and im immature. O:)

Yo big jobber, I speak carney too ...
I'm a wrasslin fan from way back..

Is 69 what I think it is?

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
DroidX or Landshark,

Send sheepdog and gunnermike this way.I would like to here there stories.

Mike

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Glad to hear it isn't YOU who is the ex-con.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
DroidX or Landshark,

Send sheepdog and gunnermike this way.I would like to here there stories.

Mike

Not to step on toes but gunnermike53 has explained his name before. His name is mike, and he was a door gunner in a UH53 helo when he was in the service.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Mine is another boring one. I'm with a few of you that have given your ages as well (well into the work force in the 80s) so my memory can't handle remembering anything too complex:).

My name is Jim so 'J' and I am a 'Mc" so Mac works....and my lucky number has always been nine.

Avatar is because I'm one of those damn husker fans;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34