What 's in a name?
06-23-2011 11:12 AM
- Ok it's Friday nite and a busy week in an out of the forums...
Time to kick back with something light for the weekend. I always wondered about this, so here goes, what does your id mean and how did you get it? I posted this here because I am interested in the fascinate users, especially some of the big dogs (you know who you are)
I'll go first...
ITF36059. My avatar kinda helps.
ITF stands for International Tang Soo Do Federation. 36059 is dan number. And there you have it.
Hope you all join me in this.
Another Round Fired from Tapatalk06-10-2011 08:05 PM
- Mine comes from the homonym (?) of my first name, Adam, last initial D, and the 21 was from one of the first online communities I joined waaaay back when. It was the first number available. I liked it, so now everywhere I go, I'm atomD21. So, no deep significance, just something I picked that stuck.06-10-2011 09:37 PM
- Once upon a time I was obsessed with playing Final Fantasy VII. (insert jokes here) and 13 was the number I always used in sports...
The avatar on the other hand is the logo from the book "Atlas Shrugged"...GREAT book.
I should have made a name AtlasShrgd like my PSN name...06-10-2011 10:14 PM
- I used to work in pizza shops for what seemed like 1000 years. It was a small chain of them and when I became general manager, I had to go to all kinds of stupid events, eventually everyone in the area came to know me as the pizzadude. So when I first got on the net with aol, I used that Pizzadude.
The extra i is thrown in there because someone hacked my account because they wanted the name. AOL wouldnt give it back to me so I just ran with piizzadude...06-11-2011 06:07 PM
Oh and as for my name, it's a combination of very late night/early morning thinking mixed with ghost movies and gaming oh and beer definitely the beer... lol. The number 13 has always been my favorite number as I try to stick it on any username I make. No MAJOR significance to it. I tend to make up different names for certain things. Although it gets confusing to remember lol.06-12-2011 02:46 PM
- Hey, that's quite alright lol.
Oh and as for my name, it's a combination of very late night/early morning thinking mixed with ghost movies and gaming oh and beer definitely the beer... lol. The number 13 has always been my favorite number as I try to stick it on any username I make. No MAJOR significance to it. I tend to make up different names for certain things. Although it gets confusing to remember lol.
Another Round Fired from Tapatalk06-12-2011 02:53 PM
- So I'm jampot: I love jamband music (ie: Grateful Dead, Phish, String Cheese Incident, etc.)
I did Grateful Dead tour for years... right up until Jerry Garcia died. Anyway, we used to always get together and jam (guitars, djembes, maybe a mandolin or banjo...) So wherever we ended up jamming, that was the jampot.
I thought it was a nice screen name. So that's my story06-12-2011 11:15 PM
- I guess it's time for me to chime in. I'm a big fan of comedy and for some reason I really got a kick out of the old Saturday Night Live skit with the landshark (and yes, my avatar is actually a pic of the landshark from the skit.) I'm also a big Jimmy Buffet fan and there's a line from his song Fins that mentions the "sharks that can swim on the land." Add into that the collaboration between Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville brewing company and Anheuser Busch brewing which produced Landshark beer. It's a great, light, summertime beer. So the name Landshark brings all that together.06-19-2011 12:48 PM
- Ok so this is a great topic btw i always want to ask people but seem to get sidetracked easily. Im like that dog from up , in that if you yell "Squirrel!!" I get all distracted.
ok so my name. well my first ever smart phone was the Droid X, i kept trying to find something cool that went with it but there is not many X words that work
- DroidXray = people would have thought my name is ray or that i was a radiologist
- DroidXylophone = yeah when was the last time you met a hip Xylophonist
- DroidXmen = Comic book geek (not that there is anything wrong with that)
- DroidXerosis = an abnormal dryness of body parts umm no
As i was trying to find other word that began with X my sister walks in talking about my uncle having trouble finding a job because of him being and Ex convict. And there it was DroidXcon just rolled off my tongue so that worked .
My avatar use to be something that i made in paint it represents Samsung since im obviously a fanboy of and my favorite band 30 seconds to mars
then one day i was trying to make video tutorials and i wanted a cool logo, so i asked CyberWarrior to make one up for me (of which i donated quite a bit for the work he does) and he came up with alot of different ones for me which i love. he does great work.
he even did Team Androphiles logo which came out great IMHO
OK thats it for me , thanks for posting thing i would love to hear more about peoples names and avatars06-20-2011 05:50 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Verizon Fascinate
What 's in a name?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD