Apps you can't live without...

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I love this community... so, I thought I would start a thread to share some of your favorite apps you use. I am always looking for new toys to play with!

Ok, i'll start...

TAPATALK.... by far the BEST forum browsing app available. If you frequent these forums, like mnay of us do, this is soooo worth the few bucks to buy it. No more nonsense of loading the forums through you browser.... easy to use, freindly user interface... really can not say enough about how great this app is!

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Reactions: ITF36059

adjangs

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Good topic since there is no way I can try all the good apps out there without recommendations.

Endomondo is good for tracking the distance you ran/biked/etc and plotting it on a map via gps. You can view saved routes and times and it just works well.

ADW launcher: easy way to customize UI (it's payware but great)

edit: I now can't live without Shush thanks to rjack22 below.

Last edited:

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Shush

There are lots of apps I couldn't do without (grin). But I'd like to mention an app called Shush. When you turn down the volumne on your phone to vibrate Shush pops up and you can set your phone for the volumne to come back on automatically in 15 increments from 15 minutes to 12 hours, or you can opt to keep it off until you manually turn it back on like normal. I was always forgetting to turn the volumne back up after putting it on vibrate. This way if I am in a meeting for two hours I can tell my phone to Shush for two hours and not worry about it.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ghosttown-An awesome streaming music App with built in playlists,
Scoremobile-best sports app for scores and if u bet on sports like me it tells u odds on games.
IMDB
Thats it for now....Like this idea Jortenzi!

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been enjoying Llama this week. It can automatically turn things on and off based on different scenarios of your choosing. I think it's supposed to be like Tasker but it's free.

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been killing all kinds of time with the game "Plants vs Zombies". I also use Springpad alot, synced with my laptop, its a type of note taking app. Retro camera and Snapbucket are cool camera apps. Snapbucket automatically saves to your Photobucket account.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Right now, with my Fascinate having to be a wifi only device, I spend most of my time away from wifi on Plants vs Zombies.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Evernote, which I prefer over Springpad
Plants vs Zombies
Handcent
PowerAMP
Friendcaster
I could keep going lol

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Recently, tapatalk. Very easy to use forum app that I love.

Guilty pleasure, FML. Love reading the random stories on there lol.

Obviously, Angry Birds.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Plants vs Zombies
Handcent
PowerAMP

Do you notice that your battery drains with friendcaster? I loved this app....but since I downloaded my battery is DEAD by lunch, with almost no useage. I had to uninstall it.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Plants vs Zombies
Handcent
PowerAMP

Do you notice that your battery drains with friendcaster? I loved this app....but since I downloaded my battery is DEAD by lunch, with almost no useage. I had to uninstall it.

I have no idea what's killing my battery lol but it's dead usually by 3pm when I take it off the charger at 5am

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
OMG! How has noone mentioned VLingo??

Hands down my favorite app!

You can compose text/emails by voice, search very specific terms ("Find sushi restaurants near me"), ask trivia questions, math, and TONS MORE.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
If you are interested in a Bible app... MySword was recently released to market and is hands-down the best one available. Devs are working on ver. 2.0 now. Very similar to Pocket E-Sword if you were familiar with that application for Windows Mobile.

JuiceDefender did a great job for me on stock Froyo.. doubled my battery life. Now I just switched to UKB 2.0 ROM and it is doing quite spectacular with battery life so will wait before reinstalling Juice Defender again :D

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
An app I enjoy is voodoo control great app for all things sound be it recorded our heard its great and for people like me and fellow car nuts the autozone and jegs apps are awesome for finding what u need asap

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Doggcatcher
Google Voice/Maps/Talk
Gentle Alarm
Tweetcaster Premium
Game/SNESoid

SCH-I500 Tap Tap Taparoo

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
TVGuide
IMDB
DoubleTwist
Sirius
PulseNews
ESPN Scorecenter

Just started using CarHome for my car dock...too early to tell if this is a keeper for me.

neologic311

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Astrid (awesome task widget)

dropbox+dropspace (Dropspace is cool, backs up all of your photos/files to dropbox hands free basically)

Fede's Music App (awesome new music player replacement. looks just like zune player, very cool)

Keyring (GREAT tool, dont have to carry around those stupid things on my keys anymore)

Plants vs. Zombies

Tricorder ( LOL)

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I gotta throw my top apps

1. Tapatalk - Hands down the most used app on my phone.
2. Teamviewer - Great for connecting to my home PC's
3. Easy Tether
4. Dolphin Browser
5. Touchdown Mail - My corporate lifeline DEFINITELY worth the price.
6. K-9 Mail - Stock mail app is junk.
7. Handcent SMS
8. Scanner Radio Pro
9.Weatherbug Elite - Had this one on my BB Storm
10. Poynt

Props to the OP on this thread. You always get some great apps ideas to download from threads like this. (Downloading Shush! now)

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar