Is there a way to go back a few versions?

scottaw

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Just did the update that came out a few days ago, did not help my battery issues. Would like to reset my phone back to the version that was on it when I got it....but is there a way to do so?

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just did the update that came out a few days ago, did not help my battery issues. Would like to reset my phone back to the version that was on it when I got it....but is there a way to do so?

You'll have to root your phone and use one of the custom roms. Read, read and read some more. There are a lot of good people here willing to help. Look at the stickys in the Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks forum to get started.

Good luck.

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

You'll have to go into the forums and download the DL09 Tar and flash via Odin, will bring you back to where you were when you first got the phone, then you can decide which updates you want to receive OTA.

Couldnt find the exact link but it in the rooting roms and hacks, if you are familiar with odin its very simple to do.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Where you started depends on when you got your phone. You could have been on DI01, EA28, or ED01 when you got it. Let me know when you got it and that will give me a good idea of which build you were most likely on. Then I'll give you a link for the build which you will be able to flash in ODIN.

scottaw

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone purchased at same time says 503 for the code, date of May 25, 2011. Pretty sure we picked them up in Oct.

Firmware version is 2.1-update1
Oh... And build number sch-i500.ea28

On her phone the battery last quite a bit longer....the updates have not been worth the trade off in battery performance.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone purchased at same time says 503 for the code, date of May 25, 2011. Pretty sure we picked them up in Oct.

Firmware version is 2.1-update1
Oh... And build number sch-i500.ea28

On her phone the battery last quite a bit longer....the updates have not been worth the trade off in battery performance.

You won't be able to get the EA28 full build but you can flash back to the DL09 build then flash the EA28 modem. Flash this DL09 file in ODIN:

http://adrynalyne.us/files/stuff/CI500_VZW_DL09_ECLAIR.tar.md5

Then flash this CWM in ODIN:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36791/CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5

After flashing the CWM, close ODIN, pull the USB cord from the phone, put battery back in phone but don't power it up. Boot directly to CWM by holding the volume up, volume down, and power buttons and let go of them as soon as you see the samsung logo flash for the second time. Then flash this file in CWM:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Reboot phone and after it boots up, do not accept the OTA update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781