Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Just found a interesting lil easter egg for the SF!! :D

ok so some people like to change their brightness a lot.. not me but maybe some people... sooo try this! in the status bar press and hold right in the middle and it will be right around 50% press and hold right around the end (right hand side) and it will be close to 100% and opposite goes it you press and hold at the beginning of the status bar (left hand side)... idk how useful or if anyone would use this but i thought it was pretty cool. it also explains why my phone would change the brightness soo often hahaha. hope yall like it!! enjoy
    Fascinate - Dinc 2 - Galaxy Nexus - Note 2 ...What up sexy
    Thanked by 5:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by doncerda View Post
    ok so some people like to change their brightness a lot.. not me but maybe some people... sooo try this! in the status bar press and hold right in the middle and it will be right around 50% press and hold right around the end (right hand side) and it will be close to 100% and opposite goes it you press and hold at the beginning of the status bar (left hand side)... idk how useful or if anyone would use this but i thought it was pretty cool. it also explains why my phone would change the brightness soo often hahaha. hope yall like it!! enjoy
    Yes, this is a know feature of Froyo, and will only work if you do not have auto brightness checked.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

And rather than pressing in one spot or another you can use the status bar as a slider, and adjust the brightness by sliding back and forth
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

Ack! Not working for me.

Sent from my Sammy Fascinate using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    Ack! Not working for me.

Sent from my Sammy Fascinate using Tapatalk
    Auto brightness is disabled?
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

Very neat little feature that I'll bet a lot of folks including me did not know about. I had been using a widget this whole time. Thanks for the heads up

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

For anyone else not fully aware of what features were added with Froyo, check out post #3 of Cory Streater's Froyo thread here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...downloads.html
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock

Dang, know feature? aww I feel slightly dumb.. but happy someone found it useful
    Fascinate - Dinc 2 - Galaxy Nexus - Note 2 ...What up sexy

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by doncerda View Post
    Dang, know feature? aww I feel slightly dumb.. but happy someone found it useful
    Always a good idea to try and share something you didn't previously know with the community.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex/franco.Kernel 11

Ha... didn't know that trick. Thanks

This is really handy, I wish I'd know about it before I got an app for adjusting brightness. Although, I'm not able to reduce it to 0%, only about 5%, because I can't get my finger to the extreme edge of the bar. The app I use is just called Brightness Level, in case anyone is interested.

I usually only use 0% if I'm inside or 100% if I'm outside, but you have a range of options, as well as enabling auto-adjust. It's great.