ok so some people like to change their brightness a lot.. not me but maybe some people... sooo try this! in the status bar press and hold right in the middle and it will be right around 50% press and hold right around the end (right hand side) and it will be close to 100% and opposite goes it you press and hold at the beginning of the status bar (left hand side)... idk how useful or if anyone would use this but i thought it was pretty cool. it also explains why my phone would change the brightness soo often hahaha. hope yall like it!! enjoy
    06-18-2011 09:00 PM
    ok so some people like to change their brightness a lot.. not me but maybe some people... sooo try this! in the status bar press and hold right in the middle and it will be right around 50% press and hold right around the end (right hand side) and it will be close to 100% and opposite goes it you press and hold at the beginning of the status bar (left hand side)... idk how useful or if anyone would use this but i thought it was pretty cool. it also explains why my phone would change the brightness soo often hahaha. hope yall like it!! enjoy
    Yes, this is a know feature of Froyo, and will only work if you do not have auto brightness checked.
    06-18-2011 09:10 PM
    And rather than pressing in one spot or another you can use the status bar as a slider, and adjust the brightness by sliding back and forth
    06-18-2011 09:15 PM
    Ack! Not working for me.

Sent from my Sammy Fascinate using Tapatalk
    06-19-2011 09:20 AM
    Ack! Not working for me.

Sent from my Sammy Fascinate using Tapatalk
    Auto brightness is disabled?
    06-19-2011 09:45 AM
    Very neat little feature that I'll bet a lot of folks including me did not know about. I had been using a widget this whole time. Thanks for the heads up
    06-19-2011 10:40 AM
    For anyone else not fully aware of what features were added with Froyo, check out post #3 of Cory Streater's Froyo thread here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...downloads.html
    doncerda likes this.
    06-19-2011 12:39 PM
    Dang, know feature? aww I feel slightly dumb.. but happy someone found it useful
    06-19-2011 11:41 PM
    Dang, know feature? aww I feel slightly dumb.. but happy someone found it useful
    Always a good idea to try and share something you didn't previously know with the community.
    06-20-2011 12:14 AM
    Ha... didn't know that trick. Thanks
    06-21-2011 09:51 AM
    This is really handy, I wish I'd know about it before I got an app for adjusting brightness. Although, I'm not able to reduce it to 0%, only about 5%, because I can't get my finger to the extreme edge of the bar. The app I use is just called Brightness Level, in case anyone is interested.

I usually only use 0% if I'm inside or 100% if I'm outside, but you have a range of options, as well as enabling auto-adjust. It's great.
    06-21-2011 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD