Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread for Fasinate

Read on another Droid forum that there was a Gingerbread leak for Fascinate. I brought it up on my phone before I crashed out. It explain on how to download it etc... I was wondering if there was something to it.

Droidlife; Gingerbread (Android 2.3) Leaked for Samsung Fascinate- go to Mydroidworld

post 6-19-11 by p3droid....is this for real????? chime in someone

Thanks
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

Real -running it now -it's great.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...k-package.html

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by mknollman123 View Post
    +1. I am even running it stock with all the bloatware and with the exception of a slight lag (I came from Voodoo) it is a real keeper... until the next best thing comes out. :-)

The signal is MUCH improved over Froyo and I am still testing the battery life but all indications so far show that too is better.
    עם ישראל חי
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

Well after a full day runjing it I need to edit mme rreciew aa little - it does work but I have had 2 random revolts and on the 2nd one my SD card was wiped. Boo.

I will beblooking into this - I love working Netflix but I need a working phone too - may need to let revs tweak this one a while first.

Or this could just be an isolated problem for me

ROM
    AOKP

It looks tempting, but I'll wait for TSM's version. I'm confident that it will be solid.

Has anyone tried the Nameless ROM? Allegedly, it's snappier than stock, but I haven't seen many objective reviews either here or at XDA.
    Droid Charge
    Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 RC1.5

just saying...

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

Quote Originally Posted by mknollman123 View Post
    Well after a full day runjing it I need to edit mme rreciew aa little - it does work but I have had 2 random revolts and on the 2nd one my SD card was wiped. Boo.

I will beblooking into this - I love working Netflix but I need a working phone too - may need to let revs tweak this one a while first.

Or this could just be an isolated problem for me
    I have been reading issues with 3.X CWR on this and some have flashed with edify and this is not an edify script. Once you use 2.5.X it works fine.

This is from XDA JPTECH7, I take no credit for this.

"Corrupted SD Cards

Here is my viewpoint on the corrupted SD deal. Are the corrupted? Probably not. Mine just "corrupted" itself and is supposedly blank. However, in Clockwork Mod, it sees all my files. Odd? What is even more weird is that a simple reboot seemed to fix my problem. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe its still messed up, but try this first before you panic."
    Last edited by curley; 06-22-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    I know enough to get into trouble, but not enough to get myself out of that trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    +1. I am even running it stock with all the bloatware and with the exception of a slight lag (I came from Voodoo) it is a real keeper... until the next best thing comes out. :-)

The signal is MUCH improved over Froyo and I am still testing the battery life but all indications so far show that too is better.

Just curious....did you happen to benchmark it yet? If not, would you :-)

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
    Just curious....did you happen to benchmark it yet? If not, would you :-)
    Have seen from 984 to 1100 in a custom GB ROM.
    I know enough to get into trouble, but not enough to get myself out of that trouble.

ROM
    GC 2.0/IMoseyON 13.6/V6SC

I'm running the gingerbread leak. I rooted with Gingerbreak and it runs pretty smooth. I do have bloatware but I also have a full functioning Netflix. :-)

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

Quote Originally Posted by YELLOW_STL_MACH View Post
    I'm running the gingerbread leak. I rooted with Gingerbreak and it runs pretty smooth. I do have bloatware but I also have a full functioning Netflix. :-)
    Wonder if YouMail will work?
    Dis-Member

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Big thread on GB over in the ROMs/Hacks section
    IL KYOCK PIL SAL

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by curley View Post
    Wonder if YouMail will work?
    It should since this isn't a custom ROM.

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

Quote Originally Posted by zombiebot View Post
    It looks tempting, but I'll wait for TSM's version. I'm confident that it will be solid.

Has anyone tried the Nameless ROM? Allegedly, it's snappier than stock, but I haven't seen many objective reviews either here or at XDA.
    I tried the nameless rom. The known bugs did not bother me since I don't really use those features. It was in my opinion slightly quicker then the stock. It was also nice not having the bloat ware and having google search, but weather bug would not load at all just kept force closing (the only app I use that did this) so I went back to stock. (probably a simple fix with the force closing but I've had enough dealing with the phone for now). So if you're ok with the bugs and the launcher they use I would suggest it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

Quote Originally Posted by curley View Post
    I have been reading issues with 3.X CWR on this and some have flashed with edify and this is not an edify script. Once you use 2.5.X it works fine.

This is from XDA JPTECH7, I take no credit for this.

"Corrupted SD Cards

Here is my viewpoint on the corrupted SD deal. Are the corrupted? Probably not. Mine just "corrupted" itself and is supposedly blank. However, in Clockwork Mod, it sees all my files. Odd? What is even more weird is that a simple reboot seemed to fix my problem. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe its still messed up, but try this first before you panic."
    I think you might be lucky mine wiped itself and then worked for a day or so now all I can get is "blank sd card or unsupported files on card" any ideas on a fix, anyone? I have tried numerous reboots.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by i love storms View Post
    I think you might be lucky mine wiped itself and then worked for a day or so now all I can get is "blank sd card or unsupported files on card" any ideas on a fix, anyone? I have tried numerous reboots.

Hopefully you had a backup of what was on your SD card because it is most likely gone. I think someone mentioned an app or program called recovur that might be able to help. Whether you recover your data or not, you are going to have to try to format the sd card either in the phone or on your computer.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    Jelly Belly

There is an awesome file recovery program called Recuva that's free. You can get it from download.com.

Quote Originally Posted by atomD21 View Post
    There is an awesome file recovery program called Recuva that's free. You can get it from download.com.
    This. You can actually get it direct from the developer, Piriform, if you go to their site. It can recover most of the files on the "nuked" cards in almost any case, but there seems to be a particularly nasty failure mode where the card itself cant be recognized any more and as such the contents are lost (allegedly).

Personally I never had a SD card that was truly trashed, it always turned out to be the computer or card reader that wasnt compatible/capable and finding one that was allowed me to recover the files (I have done this many times for family and friends.)

Default Re: Gingerbread for Fasinate

IS there going to be an official update semi-soon?

Whatever nastiness is hitting the SD cards, it's not recoverable that I can see. I've tried several card readers, several programs, and three different computers (two desktops, one laptop). No luck.

Immediately after the wipe happened, I could see some folders on it -- not the original ones, but empty ones for Android, Evernote, etc. Once I tried to reformat it, though, those became inaccessible.

I'd welcome a way to recover or reformat, but I think it's shot.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_fallguy View Post
    IS there going to be an official update semi-soon?
    I don't think anyone has a clue about an official update at this point.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by btqy View Post
    Read on another Droid forum that there was a Gingerbread leak for Fascinate. I brought it up on my phone before I crashed out. It explain on how to download it etc... I was wondering if there was something to it.

Droidlife; Gingerbread (Android 2.3) Leaked for Samsung Fascinate- go to Mydroidworld

post 6-19-11 by p3droid....is this for real????? chime in someone

Thanks
    Thanks all for your comments. I decided to download 2.3. It does work but there is a problem with my bluetooth earpiece, It the Plantronic pro plus staying connected. Every software or rooted software I've had different issue with Bluetooth earpiece staying connected.I have replaced the earpiece once all ready.

Second when I use to Benchmark it with Quadrant it give me a slow rating of 800 and the FPS is slooow. I know a lot of you don't like Quadrant and I tried another that gave me a rating of 1300 and that ranks very low.

Other then that it OK.

Global Posts
    795 Global Posts

I flashed this rom. It ran pretty good, a little laggy at times. First reboot and I lost all the data on my sdcard. I was smart enough to pull all my photos & videos before flashing this rom. I did forget to pull my Titanium backup data from the card. That kinda pisses me off.

Went back to SuperClean 2.9.2. I hate this addiction.

I have it installed, but can't find netflix.....

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sirbri32 View Post
    I have it installed, but can't find netflix.....
    you have to sideload Netflix. (It won't show in the market for us.)

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can anyone clue me in as to where to get the netflix to sideload? Everything i have searched for I haven't got to work... ((unless i missing an obvious thing right under my nose...wouldn't be surprised)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast