Root Only Help!!

dhytken

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Fascinate and I just rooted it with SuperOneClick. Everything seems to work fine. I am not a big programmer guy, but I can do some basics. I have looked all over the forums and I cannot find the answers to my question. I have rooted my phone and everything checks out and I have added the top apps etc. Q: Do I need to do anything else in regards to adding ROM's/Kernels or is everything OK as to keep the stock? I am not that concerned with the themes etc. I just want to be able to get the apps that I cannot utilize with stock phone.

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
roms and kernels are a thing of preference. If you plan on going to a custom rom or kernel you will need to update your recovery (CWM). Read up on clockwork mod recovery

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If you want to keep it stock, and remove bloat, you can free it with an app called bloat freezer. Its only a dollar so its cheaper than the full version of titanium back up since ti backup does not work well with samsung phones. If you want to run different roms, you need to acquire clock work recovery to flash different roms, and kernels.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Fascinate and I just rooted it with SuperOneClick. Everything seems to work fine. I am not a big programmer guy, but I can do some basics. I have looked all over the forums and I cannot find the answers to my question. I have rooted my phone and everything checks out and I have added the top apps etc. Q: Do I need to do anything else in regards to adding ROM's/Kernels or is everything OK as to keep the stock? I am not that concerned with the themes etc. I just want to be able to get the apps that I cannot utilize with stock phone.

You don't have to do anything with custom ROMS and kernels if you don't want to. Now that you're rooted, you'll be able to use any of the apps requiring root.

dhytken

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I really appreciate that a lot everyone. I could not find that simple answer anywhere. I did not think I had to, but you just never know.