Help with pics please

mjt1265

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Please help before my wife kills me.

I had the brite idea of removing my pictures from my phone to my PC thinking I could better organize and clear up some space on my phone. So I connected my phone to the computer got access to the sd card I decieded to create folders to put the pics in. Then I dragged the the folders from the sd card and dropped into "my pictures" on my computer. After I moved my folders to the computer I deleted them from the sd card, figuring I have them on the computer. I disconnected the phone from the computer thinking all is well.
When I went into the computer to view the pictures it says no shortcut found and I have no way of viewing the pics so obviously I did something wrong here I guess the drag and drop method doesnt work from sd card to computer.
My question is there anyway to retrieve the pictures back? I know that when they are deleted they arent completely deleted untill they are written over (or another picture is taken).
Any help would be greatly appreciated I feel like a complete idiot and there are a lot of really great pictures on there that we would love to keep.

Thanks guys,
M

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen before.

A good way to get pictures from your phone is open the directory on your phone that contains your pictures. Highlight the pics you would like to transfer. Then copy and paste into the new folder on your PC.

Since I have done this I did not have the problem.

I have also transferred via blue tooth and had good results.

Good luck in getting your pictures back.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I use the Photobucket app to backup all the pics on my phone. That way they are still on the phone and stored elsewhere. (Came in handy when the new Gingerbread leak wiped my SD card.)

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox is a good app for moving things. It doesn't require a USB connection and you can access the files from any PC or phone. When I'm on vacation, for example, I will upload pictures from my phone to Dropbox just to be sure that if something happens to my phone the pictures are not gone as well.

Dropbox offers some decent space for free, which is what I use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692