Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to remove cwm completely

Im new to rooting. Before i root i would like to know how to remove cwm completely first. Ii searched but cannot find an answer. Can you guys help?

Default Re: how to remove cwm completely

When you want to go back to stock, you can always ODIN the stock rom, it will come with stock recovery, hence removing your CWM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay. Thank you
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So odin will back up everything i need to do a complete factory restore? Or do i have to download those packages?

E: and how do i use odin to make a flashable backup? Anyone goy
    T a thread link for it or could you write it out?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

And i would like a backup without cwm and root. Can i do that with odin?

Quote Originally Posted by atvmainiac View Post
    And i would like a backup without cwm and root. Can i do that with odin?
    You need root to do any back up of ROMs.

If you are rooted, you could use ODIN to create backups:
    [HOW-TO]Create Custom ODIN Images for Backup/Restore - xda-developers
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

If i flash the Stock-I500-VZW-System.tar.md5 will that unroot the phone
    Remove CWM and place the rom, kernal, and recovery all to factory stock?

And can i get an OTA update to ED04? or do i have to find a version of the ED04 rom to flash

If i flash the Stock-I500-VZW-System.tar.md5 will that unroot the phone
    Remove CWM and place the rom, kernal, and recovery all to factory stock?

And can i get an OTA update to ED04? or do i have to find a version of the ED04 rom to flash
    yes, it will bring all the way to 2.1 and you can do OTA to ED04.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Sorry for so many questions.

It will flash the kernal back to stock as well?

And thank you guys for all the help....

Sorry for so many questions.

It will flash the kernal back to stock as well?

And thank you guys for all the help....
    yes, everything will be stock, just as it was when you first took it out of the box.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

So if i flash the phone with 2.1 DL09 i can OTA update to 2.2.1 ED04? Or do i have to find a version of 2.2 to flash? I dont know if it could ovr the air update from 2.1 dl09 to 2.2 ed04

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly

So if i flash the phone with 2.1 DL09 i can OTA update to 2.2.1 ED04? Or do i have to find a version of 2.2 to flash? I dont know if it could ovr the air update from 2.1 dl09 to 2.2 ed04
    You can ODIN DL09 and try to OTA. If that doesn't work, you can go to this thread :

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...o-quickly.html

And follow the directions to update to official stock ED01 without the OTA.
    Android: If it ain't broke, you haven't flashed nearly enough stuff yet...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I want to be able to OTA to ED04. Because i need to be able toget 100% back to stock. And i would like to be able to have the newest version. So can i goto ED01 and OTA to ED04 at all? What would be the best way to flash back to ED04. And where could i get a copy of a legit stock rom that could OTA to ED04

I want to be able to OTA to ED04. Because i need to be able toget 100% back to stock. And i would like to be able to have the newest version. So can i goto ED01 and OTA to ED04 at all? What would be the best way to flash back to ED04. And where could i get a copy of a legit stock rom that could OTA to ED04
    While the overall point of the thread is to get to ComRom 2.1, if you look here, and at step 3 in particular, you should find everything you need to get to ED04. I hope this helps!
    "Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. Sanity is the fine line in between." - Anonymous
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Would that give me ED04 at 100% stock(rom, kernal, recovery, no cwm, and no root)?

And where can i find a stock version of a rom for a flash so i can obtain ED04 most easiest
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Okay so after reading the link you posted i can flash a stock copy of DL09 onto my device. It will go back to out the box state. And i can just hit check for update and it will OTA to ED04 correct?

[E] what do i do if it wont update to ED04 and using odin will just flash the rom i selected with no extra so it will be all stock. No cwm. And where can i find a stock copy of DL09

Okay so after reading the link you posted i can flash a stock copy of DL09 onto my device. It will go back to out the box state. And i can just hit check for update and it will OTA to ED04 correct?
    Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates
    That should do the trick - it's worked many times for me. There will be 2 OTAs - one gets you to EA28 (then you have to reboot), and the next (and this one takes a WHILE - or at least it can, depending on your area/signal strength/random whims of cellular gods) gets you to ED04. Good luck!
    "Knowledge is power. Ignorance is bliss. Sanity is the fine line in between." - Anonymous

[E] what do i do if it wont update to ED04 and using odin will just flash the rom i selected with no extra so it will be all stock. No cwm. And where can i find a stock copy of DL09
    If the OTAs don't work, you can use the approach listed under 2. B. ("Use update.zip files"). I offer a brief description, but I also include a link to the original thread that explained the process. The DL09 file is linked in 1. G. (it's called "CI500_VZW_DL09_ECLAIR.tar.md5").

[Edit] The "If the OTAs don't work" approach described under 2. B. is the same as what atomD21 referred you to - in fact most of the Step 3 part of the thread I referred you to is essentially describing exactly what atomD21 suggested.