Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery - Verizon

This was in the equipment guide. It just a picture and its still hard to determine the kind of thickness that it is going to add to the phone. 2100 mAh not to shabby. No there is no price or anything. Just thought it was cool and wanted to share.

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery - Verizon

I am interested to see how much thickness it adds and would pick it up if it is no thicker than the bottom hump.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just dont know if 2100 mAh compared to the stock 1850* battery is worth the increase in thickness. I know there will be aftermarket batteries but will they have that NFC chip?

Quote Originally Posted by nick1020 View Post
    I just dont know if 2100 mAh compared to the stock 1850* battery is worth the increase in thickness. I know there will be aftermarket batteries but will they have that NFC chip?
    Agree, plus the cost will be a big deciding factor on whether or not I will get it. I cannot see spending $50 on a battery that is 300 mah more. I would think the case should stay similar in size, hopefully how the droid 3 extended battery you could not tell it was any different than the stock battery and door.
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nick1020 View Post
    My main question is will it fit on the docks and the spare battery charger. I would get one if that was the case. I had a 200mah battery over stock on a sensation and the improvement was noticeable. Not alot, but noticeable.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

It says nfc right in the title
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

2100 is good enough for me. It's not a HUGE jump. But my Rezound last two days on 2750. So 2100 should last the day with heavy usage,

@P3Droid P3Droid
    Extended battery uses same cases and docks. You can't tell its on there. In fact the extended should be the standard IMO.
    Thanked by:
    moosc 

I'm definitely getting one. It may add an additional hour or two to battery life. Or it will offset my choice to finally use a live wallpaper.
    Premium1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericsckane View Post
    I'm definitely getting one. It may add an additional hour or two to battery life. Or it will offset my choice to finally use a live wallpaper.
    yeah, any live wallpaper except for the Microbes one
    JoJoCal19 likes this.

What are the chances of being allowed to order the extended battery and other accessories from Verizon during an online Galaxy Nexus purchase?

I'd like to get everything in one giant order from Verizon.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am contemplating getting the extended battery also. However, I will not do it if it changes the thickness of the device. The extended battery on my Thunderbolt was just ridiculous.

I'm interested in it, but I'm a huge case nerd, and finding cases that fit phones with extended batteries has been a pain in the past. I'll see what they have on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfon711 View Post
    I am contemplating getting the extended battery also. However, I will not do it if it changes the thickness of the device. The extended battery on my Thunderbolt was just ridiculous.
    it is the same size as the standard battery according to p3 who has a nexus and just bought an extended battery.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    it is the same size as the standard battery according to p3 who has a nexus and just bought an extended battery.
    I will definitely be buying it then! But, will there be heat issues since it will most likely be squished in there? I wonder why they wouldn't just include the extended battery as the standard if it doesn't add any bulk.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfon711 View Post
    I will definitely be buying it then! But, will there be heat issues since it will most likely be squished in there? I wonder why they wouldn't just include the extended battery as the standard if it doesn't add any bulk.
    to make money selling the extended battery of course

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by sushiglobster View Post
    What are the chances of being allowed to order the extended battery and other accessories from Verizon during an online Galaxy Nexus purchase?

I'd like to get everything in one giant order from Verizon.

Chances should be good. I was able to order screen protectors and the spare battery kit with my bionic 2 months ago on launch. Usually after you add the phone to your order the next place the site brings you is a screen to order accessories, at least this is how i remember it.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post

Has this ever happened on another phone? I know you can get higher mah batteries in stock size on some phones, But a verizon extended battery that adds no thickness? I have to see this. Sounds to good to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    Chances should be good. I was able to order screen protectors and the spare battery kit with my bionic 2 months ago on launch. Usually after you add the phone to your order the next place the site brings you is a screen to order accessories, at least this is how i remember it.
    Oh awesome! thanks. Let's hope that the same thing occurs with the Nexus launch!

I was looking to buy the extra battery/charger thing for 39.99 for 10 bucks more, is this really worth it, I don't get a charger for the battery lol

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Has this ever happened on another phone? I know you can get higher mah batteries in stock size on some phones, But a verizon extended battery that adds no thickness? I have to see this. Sounds to good to be true!
    I have the Verizon extended battery for my droid 3 and it adds a non existent amount of space that fits in all of the same cases and docks which rocks but it is the only other phone I know had a basically same size battery. It also works well!
    legendarydog and kca2000 like this.
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

I think the closest you'll get is the DX. The extended battery added almost no thickness to the phone.
    kca2000 likes this.

If the extended battery for the Galaxy Nexus is as thin as the stock one...why does it come with a spare back plate?
    legendarydog likes this.
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    Android Open Kang Project

Should I buy the extended battery or the spare battery with charger? Either way, I would get an extra battery.

I think the charger would be useful so that I can always have an extra charged battery ready, but at the same time I would hate to carry around another battery in my pocket.

If I could make it through a day with just the extended battery with a case that fits it, that would be great (which basically renders the provided battery useless).
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

This is 2100 Mah. sold!
    Thanked by:
    damstr 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast