Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow [Pictures] Extended Battery 2100mAh + Battery Cover

Here are some photos of the 2100 mAh Extended Battery and the Battery Cover for the LTE Galaxy Nexus that I got tonight (i'm not sure if this would fit/work on the GSM version of the G-Nex).

the photos are pretty self explanatory.

enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Pictures] Extended Battery 2100mAh + Battery Cover-img_0022.jpg   [Pictures] Extended Battery 2100mAh + Battery Cover-img_0023.jpg   [Pictures] Extended Battery 2100mAh + Battery Cover-img_0024.jpg   [Pictures] Extended Battery 2100mAh + Battery Cover-img_0025.jpg  
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    sushiglobster and Eloquence like this.

Default Re: [Pictures] Extended Battery 2100mAh + Battery Cover

Awesome pics....

I still don't understand though, if the battery is as thin as the stock battery, and there is no difference in thickness, why does it come with its own back panel?

EDIT: Saw the side-by-side picture of the regular 1850mah battery next to the 2100mah batter. It's a little bit thicker. I don't see it as being a big deal. I'm sure most cases would work fine.
    Last edited by sushiglobster; 12-06-2011 at 11:24 PM.

How much does it cost?
    Thanked by:

How big of a boost is 300 mah? are we talking 1-2 hours? I understand no one has tried it yet on this phone but we should of some math majors who like this stuff.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by sutrebla15 View Post
    How much does it cost?
    It's $49.99
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by reflekt2099 View Post
    It's $49.99
    Awww maaaan...I think I'll pass on it for now.
    Terrigno likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sushiglobster View Post
    Awesome pics....

I still don't understand though, if the battery is as thin as the stock battery, and there is no difference in thickness, why does it come with its own back panel?

EDIT: Saw the side-by-side picture of the regular 1850mah battery next to the 2100mah batter. It's a little bit thicker. I don't see it as being a big deal. I'm sure most cases would work fine.
    Check out the picture of just the cover; where on the regular Nexus it is concave near the bottom, for this cover its pretty much straight. Its not a HUGE difference, but is enough to make the space the battery needs.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sutrebla15 View Post
    Awww maaaan...I think I'll pass on it for now.
    If Verizon does what they've done in the past, it should be 50% off for a little bit after the nexus goes on sale.

ROM
    Android Revolution Hd

Quote Originally Posted by tjlandberg View Post
    How big of a boost is 300 mah? are we talking 1-2 hours? I understand no one has tried it yet on this phone but we should of some math majors who like this stuff.
    It would be a 13.5% increase. That means that if on a typical day you get 14 hours (just guessing), you would gain about 2 hours (14h * 0.135 = 1.89h), so it's not a huge improvement. Although most people should get well over 14 hours on a single charge. I really don't think anyone will need an extended battery unless they are constantly using their phone, and those who do might consider waiting for a much larger battery to come out.
    Thanked by:
    qnet likes this.

will it work with a case?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sushiglobster View Post
    will it work with a case?
    Supposedly it will work with all Nexus accessories.

awesome!

ROM
    Rooted odexed 4.0.2

no real reason to buy it, its only marginally higher capacity than the normal battery and should only net you about an hour and a half of extra use. Price per mA is still awful

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly 'Beans', Stock

With 25% off this seems like a good buy.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think i'll wait to see what kind of life I get first. I still have the extended battery for my returned bionic. That thing was god awful and I opted not to even use it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaechoe View Post
    no real reason to buy it, its only marginally higher capacity than the normal battery and should only net you about an hour and a half of extra use. Price per mA is still awful
    Yea, they are trying to make some profit here its dumb, I am either going to buy this or the battery/charger combo. The Battery Charger Combo has its pluses. The 2100mAH has its pluses.

Or wait for it to drop 50% like people are saying?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
    Yea, they are trying to make some profit here its dumb, I am either going to buy this or the battery/charger combo. The Battery Charger Combo has its pluses. The 2100mAH has its pluses.

Or wait for it to drop 50% like people are saying?
    If Verizon does what they normally do, the battery will be 50% off for the week or so after launch. So you should be able to get it when you get your phone.
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    Android Open Kang Project

I've decided to get the spare battery and charger combo instead of the extended battery. first, I'm gonna test out how long the regular lasts on 4G, then I'll test it on 3G to see if I even need the spare battery. If I were to get the extended battery, then I would have nothing to charge it with. no matter what, I'm gonna end up with two batteries, and if I want to do a quick swap, then I'm gonna need something to charge it with.

the ideal thing would be for the given battery to be able to last through a day on its own (like 14 hours). I'm trying to go for an option where I would rarely have to use my spare battery.

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I'll probably just get the extra battery & charger kit. The battery on the GSM Nexus is pretty good but I'm not sure how it will be on the LTE model.

If you told me this phone came with a 2100 mah battery stock and it did almost zero to change the size of the phone, myself and every tech blogger would be raving about the fact that finally theyre using bigger batteries to offset LTE (1700 mah isnt enough; see Razr and Bionic). No way im passing this up.
    thejondude likes this.

I'll stick with the stock 1850mah battery and carry an extra. If I run out of juice I will probably need more than the 15% in the bigger battery. Plus I do not want a thinker phone (which you will get with the extended battery...hence the larger replacement back cover), the LTE phone already looks fat next to the GSM version.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

I'm not sure if I'd buy it, especially at $50. But, there's actually one thing I really like about it from what I can tell from the images. It appears that the new cover will eliminate the curve/hump at the bottom of the phone and make the backside of the phone relatively flat. I just so much prefer the back to be flat, and that, in itself, may be a reason for me to get it.
    arctic388 likes this.

For the price, I think that the combination of the extra stock battery plus the charger/stand is the better value. I'm hesitant to pick up the extended battery because I really want to pick up the charging cradle that utilizes the charging contacts on the side of the phone and wonder if it'll work with the slightly larger profile with the 2100mAh battery.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Scout_313 View Post
    For the price, I think that the combination of the extra stock battery plus the charger/stand is the better value. I'm hesitant to pick up the extended battery because I really want to pick up the charging cradle that utilizes the charging contacts on the side of the phone and wonder if it'll work with the slightly larger profile with the 2100mAh battery.
    Agreed, I'm planning on doing the same.

do you guys carry purses.. or where do you keep these spare batteries around?

pretty sad how battery swapping is "common". I have never done it on my fascinate.. and I never plan on popping my phone in half and throwing a new battery in several times a day, every day.

ill just plug it in and charge it.. if im going to be away from a charger for several hours.. I probably wont be streaming netflix or whatever..

If I cant leave my house for 8 hours and use the phone without needing a spare battery then ill probably try the extended first.. if i still cant get bare minimium reasonable hours out of it with the extended ill return it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast