Is the 2150 extended battery worth it?

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I kind of hate that they're having a sale on it. I used my living social coupon on it, which costed $25 to buy and then I received $25 extra. so basically I used my coupon for nothing. Now if I had completed the referrals, then I would have received $50 worth of merchandise for free.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
What's battery like with the extended I've been getting 14 hours stock but that's on wifi so it doesn't count

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
At 50% off (well, that was Friday) it's the cost of our office's gift exchange limit. :D

Seeing how the Sammy's got the clip on back cover with abuncha little clip things I'd be worried about taking it on and off repeatedly for an extra battery....something will probably break eventually. Not to mention the bother of taking off the case each time.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, the extra battery+battery charger+stand+Y-cable is a significantly better deal than buying the extended battery. For a lower cost, you're getting a full battery PLUS a way of charging it which does not require you to swap the existing battery cover.

A spare battery is exactly that - a spare, which we can use when we run out of the first one. To keep both working, I intend to swap the 2 batteries every 2 weeks or so. I won't mind doing that.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I know I am talking about a dock now, but if the spare battery charger could have charged the phone also, it would have been the outright winner for me, and by a mile.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, the extra battery+battery charger+stand+Y-cable is a significantly better deal than buying the extended battery. For a lower cost, you're getting a full battery PLUS a way of charging it which does not require you to swap the existing battery cover.

A spare battery is exactly that - a spare, which we can use when we run out of the first one. To keep both working, I intend to swap the 2 batteries every 2 weeks or so. I won't mind doing that.

I have both the spare charger with battery, as well as the extended battery. Ill be sending the extended battery back today as I no longer want it. Sure, battery life is better than normal, but after only a few days the back cover already started to creak when you press on it. The standard battery and cover don't have this issue. I also think the spare battery and charger is a better deal if you dont mind swapping batteries.

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I kind of hate that they're having a sale on it. I used my living social coupon on it, which costed $25 to buy and then I received $25 extra. so basically I used my coupon for nothing. Now if I had completed the referrals, then I would have received $50 worth of merchandise for free.
I took my receipt back to the Verizon store and asked for the $25 off sale price and they were so nice and quick about it I applied it to a car charger purchase right there. If they had been difficult about it, I would have ordered one off the internet from some 3rd party.

jtdiddy

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Got the extended battery for $25 and I luv it because it actually makes the nexus feel better to hold and feels less cheap by the added weight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there issues with a second battery and NFC? I remember reading something about it.

I picked up the extended battery. It's still charging, but since it doesn't add much bulk I think it's much worth it. The price is a rip off though... $50!

You didn't get yours half off? Online and in most stores have been selling batteries for LTE devices half off.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why, but when I was checking out the guy told me they were doing a 50% off 4g batteries deal. He had to get a manager to override it but hey $25 is a good deal lol.

They have been doing that for quite a while actually, it's for both stock and extended batteries but ONLY for the LTE phones, and while it has been pretty consistent there appear to be a few locations not honoring it. I got mine half off. It's the onlu acessory I bought for the Nexus at the time of purchase specifically because the half off was still going.

And to answer someone else's question this should fit the silicone case just fine it is only a few MM thicker basically the batter door bows out instead of in.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm still monitoring this thread and others like it to see if there's a downside to the extended battery backplate (most seem to like it, but a few had QA issues), but the extended battery is ~20% more juice, and that seems worth it to me. I've been getting 10-11 hours even with reasonably heavy use, and that should get me past the 12-13 work day perfectly.

I might still get a battery charger so I can carry a spare for trips, but for my normal daily activities if I can get 12-14 hours from a phone I'm happy, especially when the phone is this B.A.

B

budmonster

Ive never used an ext battery... so all i do is remove my current battery and backplate and just replace them with the ext battery and bigger backplate? What do you do with the old battery? Whats the best ext battery out for the gnex?

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
spare battery w/ charger for 39.99 all the way .. it made the extended battery pointless. yes you get a 2100 mah battery but you can't charge two battery at the same time. it's more inconvience to constantly make sure you have two battery fully charge. with the spare battery w. charger .. you can charge both at the same time. .. common fellas .. it's a no brainer here

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
spare battery w/ charger for 39.99 all the way .. it made the extended battery pointless. yes you get a 2100 mah battery but you can't charge two battery at the same time. it's more inconvience to constantly make sure you have two battery fully charge. with the spare battery w. charger .. you can charge both at the same time. .. common fellas .. it's a no brainer here

I also bought the charger, but I also bought two extended batteries.

I sold my two stock ones for $48 and so the extended ones cost me about $5 all said and done. I can charge the extended battery in the spare charger.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm still monitoring this thread and others like it to see if there's a downside to the extended battery backplate (most seem to like it, but a few had QA issues), but the extended battery is ~20% more juice, and that seems worth it to me. I've been getting 10-11 hours even with reasonably heavy use, and that should get me past the 12-13 work day perfectly.

I might still get a battery charger so I can carry a spare for trips, but for my normal daily activities if I can get 12-14 hours from a phone I'm happy, especially when the phone is this B.A.

Don't forget you will need to get carry both back plates with you.

I am using the extended and it's getting me through a full day at work. Limited browsing during lunch, some emailing, lots of music streaming, etc. I get in at 6:30 am, so I wake up around 4:30 and then hook it up to the charger on the way home just in case.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Can anybody provide a link to the extended life battery? I can only find the standard life battery on Verizon's website.

Thanks,
David

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Can anybody provide a link to the extended life battery? I can only find the standard life battery on Verizon's website.

Thanks,
David

For some reason it's not listed on their website and it's damn difficult to find one in stores.

I had to call around to probably 15 stores today before I found one. Then I had to drive over an hour to get there.

Worth it though in the end I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz