Is the 2150 extended battery worth it?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, the ziplock bag would work just fine, too! But I think I'm going to give the Case Logic idea a try first.

Whatever works for you :)

For $50? No. For $25? Yes.

Agreed... if you can get it for the 50% off deal it is a no brainier, if you have to pay full price then it is really a toss up, but I believe the stores are still selling them for that.

shamokin

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Got extended battery for 25, ordered from local Verizon store, they billed my account and 2 day Fedex'd it to me. The otter box commuter fits well with the new back. Difference is somewhat noticeable, for 25 it was worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just came back from Verizon store with extended battery, it does make the Nexus feel better, a little more weight at bottom makes phone fit in palm of hand better , and if it adds thickness, it is a hair thicker, barely.

Now I am looking for the thinnest case that fits extended battery ? I dont like tge two pc cases, too bulky, would love a barely there case if it fits ?

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Just came back from Verizon store with extended battery, it does make the Nexus feel better, a little more weight at bottom makes phone fit in palm of hand better , and if it adds thickness, it is a hair thicker, barely.

Now I am looking for the thinnest case that fits extended battery ? I dont like tge two pc cases, too bulky, would love a barely there case if it fits ?

you should try the diztronic case from amazon. i got mine today and it's just what i'm looking for. fits extended battery, light, thin, snug, phone won't slip off case, anti slip back, smooth lip (makes it easier to get in and out of pocket), comes with a screen protector if you want to use it.

kph3

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree..I have the diztronic matte black case and love it. Slim,perfect fit,non slip and shows no fingerprints like the gloss tpu cases do.

Reactions: Comineeyeaha

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree..I have the diztronic matte black case and love it. Slim,perfect fit,non slip and shows no fingerprints like the gloss tpu cases do.

I came here to see what people thought of the battery, and had a different question answered. I liked my silicone case from my TB, and was looking for something like that for the Nexus. I'm not sure if I need the extended battery (I'm always around a charger anyways), but if this case fits it that gives me options later on down the road. I think I might order one of these. Thanks!

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Seiio is planning to release 3800 mah EXT battery for Galaxy Nexus this week. The extended case that works with 3800 mattery is also available.

mattbourge

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seiio is planning to release 3800 mah EXT battery for Galaxy Nexus this week. The extended case that works with 3800 mattery is also available.

That sounds good!! I just got the extended battery to go with my OtterBox defender case though and am really liking it. 3800 is huge though!!!! :banghead:

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

Woah, that's huge! I'll keep my eye out for how that will look, I feel like it will make the phone enormous, but we'll see.

Rick83

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this new battery from SEIDO will have the NFC token in the battery like the Samsung ones. Least that is my understanding on how the NFC works in our phones. Used Google Wallet and got my free lunch from the $10 prepaid card. I can see myself using this feature more often.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this new battery from SEIDO will have the NFC token in the battery like the Samsung ones. Least that is my understanding on how the NFC works in our phones. Used Google Wallet and got my free lunch from the $10 prepaid card. I can see myself using this feature more often.

Yes the token is in the battery, but that does not mean that all replacement batteries will have them, and if they dont the phone works just fine but NFC does not work. Also the simple act of swapping batteries can have less than optimal (read: things may break) experience with NFC but Google and Samsung haven't released anything specific

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Seidio product description for their 3800mah extended battery says no NFC support.

seidioonline.com

Rick83

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes the token is in the battery, but that does not mean that all replacement batteries will have them, and if they dont the phone works just fine but NFC does not work. Also the simple act of swapping batteries can have less than optimal (read: things may break) experience with NFC but Google and Samsung haven't released anything specific

I can confirm that the NFC works with the Samsung extended battery. However, I got the battery when I bought the phone and used the extended battery from the start and never once used the standard battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton