Best Case with Extended Battery

nrweaver

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to get a case that i can use with the extended battery.

I like cases that are of a hard plastic and smooth so they are easy to get in and out of pocket. The smaller the better as well.

Thanks for any ideas, I will pass along anything I find in here as well.

simsrw73

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Can I hijack this thread and make it a general case and accessories thread?

With regards to the extended battery: I don't have the extended battery, but I did grab the Verizon branded "Shell/Holster Combo with Kickstand". It's pretty good case; not quite like the Seidio cases I'm used to but pretty good. I can say that it fights tight, so it would not work with a larger battery. You might send Seidio an email and ask them. They are very quick to respond, and their cases/holsters are awesome.

And that is actually my cases. I really, really like their cases. Has anyone compared their new Nexus case to the others out there? I'm probably going to get it, but would love to see some feedback on that holster.

Thanks,
Randy.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That is always the million dollar question and while it only makes the GNex a little bit thicker I am sure we won't see any cases for it for a while. Its just one of those things that no one really seems to get out the door.

I do hope to find one though.

Reactions: legendarydog

nucubs

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Could you elaborate on "a little off?" My case, phone, and extended battery are arriving tomorrow and I'd love to know whether the Incipio will be usable with the larger battery in advance. Thanks.

mharris7ster

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Today I purchased the extended battery and the Otterbox Defender at a corporate store. Before I checked out at the register the sales person put the extended battery in the phone. I wasn't sure the Otterbox would accept the phone with the bigger battery so we tried it. Sure enough, the case does accept the phone. Everything snaps into place but man its a tight fit. If you remove the phone from the case you must be very careful not to damage anything and you need to find a tool that will unsnap the case. The best thing I could find was a plastic knife and that worked well, but when I put the phone back in the case it was not as tight.

It does fit and works just fine, but it's hard to get the case off once you snap it on.

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought you could use the stock battery door with the extended battery?? I remember seeing someone that had one of the early released GNEX's from BB mention this...

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I also have the incipio and extended battery. It fits just fine. If you look along the back you can see the gap between the 2 cases is not as tight as with the stock battery in but you really have to look for it to see it. It still fits better then say a no name case you would buy at a dollar store for any other phone.

I will try to get a picture up after I drop my daughter off at school.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am VERY, VERY happy with the hard case by Rocketfish (Best Buy's house brand) which fits perfectly with the extended battery and cover. It is black with a very nice finish, smooth for sliding into pockets, but with just enough "matte" to feel nice in the hand and not slippery. I highly recommend it. And Best Buy allows you to take it out and try it on first.

Reactions: KoukiFC3S

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
After deciding that I didn't like how tight the otterbox was w/ the extended battery, I went with the verizon hard gloss silicon. It's not rubbery feeling and it doesn't attract lint much at all. Slips in/out of jeans much better too. it was one of the other cases at verizon that would fit with the extended battery.

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I can agree with this. The corners of the hard shell dont come into the rubber all the way if that makes any sense. The seam lines along the side also do not much up perfectly.

Case still works perfectly though.

I ordered the OtterBox Commuter and will update on how that fits.

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it won't fit. Yes, you can force it on, but it will bulge and be waiting for any opportunity to pop off.
I took off my extended cover today and put the original one back on, and then back to the extended cover again. Yes, the bugger is really tight with the original cover over the extended battery, that tiny part of a millimeter that the extended case has extra is a good thing. Not enough, I think, to keep you from using the original battery with that cover, but all these tabs look really fragile to me. Not going to be taking it on and off anymore, but I thought while I had the Otterbox Defender off to put the screen protector on I should give the battery switch a try.

Reactions: gshock413

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
I use the verizon shell/holster combo, and when i use the extended battery i just leave the battery cover off. Not an ideal solution, but it's the only case i like.

AHfootball12

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I went to the store today and tried the Rocketfish with high hopes. I currently have the double Incipio case and hate how big and bulky it is.

The Rocketfish case will close.... but NOT all the way. It does have some gaps around the edge on one side (the other side closes fine). I tried on 3 different ones (they were really nice because I told them I was following advice that it would fit) and none of them closed all the way.

I think this case is a hit and miss thing.

(If it wasn't obvious I am referring to it fitting over the extended battery).

Reactions: tony bag o donuts

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I am VERY, VERY happy with the hard case by Rocketfish (Best Buy's house brand) which fits perfectly with the extended battery and cover. It is black with a very nice finish, smooth for sliding into pockets, but with just enough "matte" to feel nice in the hand and not slippery. I highly recommend it. And Best Buy allows you to take it out and try it on first.

Do you have a link to it? I searched for it on Best Buy's website but couldn't find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC