Don't get the Steinheil Oleophobic screen protector

anon(417365)

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been a big fan of Steinheil's screen protectors for a few years now, but I just opened mine up and found out they actually don't cover the entire front of the Nexus. I would not recommend buying them.

I've emailed Steinheil trying to see if maybe they had some issues with putting the wrong labels on the packs or something (their USA site is down right now coincidentally), and I'll update here if I hear anything back.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
This has been known for a while. It wasn't an error. Since the screen is contoured they had to make it smaller than the whole screen, as it would bubble around the edges. This should be the case with all dry application protectors.

Rabble rabble rabble.

anon(417365)

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep thats what I was just told by someone from Steinheil. I wasnt aware this was common knowledge...but regardless it's a little ridiculous. I could understand if it was just a tiny bit smaller, but the difference is pretty big. Guess I'll be checking other threads to see what other good options are out there.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep thats what I was just told by someone from Steinheil. I wasnt aware this was common knowledge...but regardless it's a little ridiculous. I could understand if it was just a tiny bit smaller, but the difference is pretty big. Guess I'll be checking other threads to see what other good options are out there.

They have this one that's used the spray. Someone on here showed a video of it and it looks pretty nice. I to bought the Steinheil Oleophobic screen protector but I'm going to see if I can return it and get the flex. I haven't applied mine yet. Check out this link. Amazon.com: SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Flex Series: Cell Phones & Accessories

wootang00

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i actually like the oleophoibic.. works really well and dont mind the little area with no coverage.. better than peeling off all the time

wademac#AC

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm using zagg and been using it and this one covers all the screen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Are you satisfied with the clarity of the Zagg on your Nexus? The Verizon protectors are too fuzzy and the clear cover of the Otterbox is as well. Was considering the Steinheil, but not if they are extremely too small.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I did notice its smaller then normal but its still covering the screen area that would get scratched so I fine with it for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair