Extended battery for $25 at verizon stores...

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
OEM Extended battery with cover for $24.99 (via Verizonwireless)

Saw this on droid-life and just confirmed it. Probably will get it. Just chatted with a verizon rep and they said that the extended battery will fit in the spare battery charger kit they sell as well. Dont really need 3 batteries but for 50% off its not a bad deal!

extended-nexus-half-off-650x188.jpg

Reactions: technician199

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to give everybody a heads up. I have a 25% discount on accessories on my account but when the girl at verizon went to ring me up, she mentioned something about extended batteries being 50% off for all LTE phones.

I guess since the LTE phones are going through lots of juice they stores are doing deals on the batteries. She had to have her manager enter the discount since the GN was so new, that battery wasn't in the system, but it wouldn't hurt asking about it if anybody wants to get the battery but doesn't want to plop down $50.

Reactions: theduder and Johnly

ThunderboltX

Jun 13, 2011
www.chromebookuser.com
I just got the same deal on vzw.com. To see the discounted price, add the battery to your cart. When I tried to stack my 25% corp discount, the price was $37.50 instead. I logged out of my account and re-added it to my cart to get the $25 price back.

Thanks for the tip!

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered it online. It came up at $37.49. I clicked the live chat button and the gal confirmed it should be $24.99. I called *611 and they credited my account. Glad I waiting a whole day to save $25.

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep same thing happened for me yesterday when I got mine. There is a 50% discount on batteries for 4G so if they don't give it to you definitely ask!

JusDre82

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Extended Battery on Sale

Hey guys!!! Just wanted to let you know that I went to Verizon today and ordered the extended battery and the sales guy said that it was 50% off. I got it for $25. He said all 4g phone batteries are half off. Just wanted to share the news.

Reactions: kca2000

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Extended Battery on Sale

But can we get a Verizon store to price match it, I have to use my Livingsocial $50 deal and might as well get the extd battery and a new case for the money. But it can't be used online.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Does this work for the extra battery with charger thing.
sent from my thunderbolt

I wanted the extended, so I didn't even ask about the other battery/charger. Wouldn't hurt to try customer chat on vzw.com or go into a store if you're nearby. I can't imagine them not giving the same deal on the other battery, but maybe they are only trying to push extended battery in hopes of reducing customer returns of LTE phones due to bad battery life.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted the extended, so I didn't even ask about the other battery/charger. Wouldn't hurt to try customer chat on vzw.com or go into a store if you're nearby. I can't imagine them not giving the same deal on the other battery, but maybe they are only trying to push extended battery in hopes of reducing customer returns of LTE phones due to bad battery life.

Thx ordered the extended. I wonDer what I can use the regular battery for now. There will be no way to charge it without it being in the phone correct ?

sent from my thunderbolt

Last edited:

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thx o ordered the extended. I wo.Der what I can use the regular battery for now. There will be no way to charge it without it being in the phone correct ?

sent from my thunderbolt

I'm not real familiar with cell phone battery discharge rates, but maybe test it out. Fully charge the stock battery, then swap in the extended. Then a week or 2 later, put in the stock battery and see how much of a charge it has, that will tell you if you can carry it and rely on it.

Outside of that, checkout seidio, they might have aftermarket chargers soon, but you'll still ended up paying 30 bucks or so for a charger i bet.

DrPancake

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
i did the $25 extended battery trick for the vzw website but now when i go to check my order i am getting an error. is anyone else having this problem?

djarmin

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I just bought 3 extended batteries for Christmas presents from corporate store and they were 25 each. The charger for spare batteries was 40 but discount does not apply.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance