Verizon Car dock SUCKS - Steer clear.

Deathshead

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon Car dock SUCKS. I went to a corp store today and tested it out, funny thing was that somone already returned the one i was looking at.

#1. No 3 pin charging, - This is one of the big features of the device and absolutely ed that this is not being utilized on a car dock of all things. (almost makes me think Verizon purposely hobbled it. as they already "hide" the nexus in a dark corner of the store and have giant razr billboards and 20 of them on display, but whatever.)

#2. The fitment stinks.its just hard rubber and really difficult to get in and out of the dock, I could just picture trying to pry the phone in and out of this dock multiple times a day, then hunting for the stupid usb charging cord all while moving its position around and pulling it off the dash. its that tight.

Motorola got it right with their docks I hate to say it, My Droid x dock was a joy, pop it in and pop the lever down,

wexler42

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon Car dock SUCKS. I went to a corp store today and tested it out, funny thing was that somone already returned the one i was looking at.

#1. No 3 pin charging, - This is one of the big features of the device and absolutely ed that this is not being utilized on a car dock of all things. (almost makes me think Verizon purposely hobbled it. as they already "hide" the nexus in a dark corner of the store and have giant razr billboards and 20 of them on display, but whatever.)

#2. The fitment stinks.its just hard rubber and really difficult to get in and out of the dock, I could just picture trying to pry the phone in and out of this dock multiple times a day, then hunting for the stupid usb charging cord all while moving its position around and pulling it off the dash. its that tight.

Motorola got it right with their docks I hate to say it, My Droid x dock was a joy, pop it in and pop the lever down,

I just got mine in the mail, corp was out of stock. Had I seen it before I would not have purchased it. The lack of charging built in, and the fact that I have to pop my phone out of the case first is a deal breaker. Back it goes.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I love this dock, best one I have ever used! Fits nicely, buttons all work, and it looks slick as hell!

To each their own

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I love this dock, best one I have ever used! Fits nicely, buttons all work, and it looks slick as hell!

To each their own

You wouldn't also be using the extended battery/cover by any chance with that car dock, would you. I'm wondering if it still fits using that.

Thanks

devoid99

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Do we have any idea if the versions shown in the videos with the integrated micro usb and audio out at the base will be available stateside?

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I think a better dock will come out in the near future from Samsung - the VZW employees said there is usually a couple of weeks lag before these release after the phone comes out.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
You wouldn't also be using the extended battery/cover by any chance with that car dock, would you. I'm wondering if it still fits using that.

Thanks

I'm not but I'm told it fits fine. Its made by Samsung and they accounted for it.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I always get the car dock for my phones but I passed this one over. Build quality lacks and not using the pins is silly. I'm waiting for a better one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
You know, I bought that living social deal with the expectation that I would be buying that nifty Samsung car dock to go with my new Gnex. Of course, it expires on the 31st, so there's not much time for the "real" dock to make it to the Verizon stores.

Guess, if the 31st comes along, I'll be looking for something else to put that $50 towards. Of course, there's no decent desktop dock from Verizon, either.

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

I stopped moving the lever on the Droid X dock after the first week. The phone wasn't going anywhere once it was in the dock. Heck, even the 3 or 4 times when the suction gave way and the dock fell on the floor the phone was still snug in the dock.

I passed on the GN dock at Verizon also. I was so disappointed with what they tried to push out as an accessory. And $40 just added insult to the entire thing. I wouldn't pay more then $15 for that dock and would only buy it to hold me over until the real dock (the one I saw in the You Tube video) was released.
At this point I would rather use rubber bands to hack my GN to my old Droid X dock...

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung brings over the nicer car dock and desk cradle seen for the GSM version over to the US. Their accessories always seem to be available some time after launching a new device (however, I'm not sure how long they'd take).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci