Spare Battery Charger Issue

fminusfminus

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought 3 of these and all have the same issues. Whenever I charge my extended batteries in these the green light always goes on prematurely before the battery is at 100%.

Anyone have a workaround on this?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Ive noticed the same thing. It says its done but it will only be like 97%

I'm starting to think that's a Samsung thing. When I had the Nexus S it rarely showed 100%. It always showed 97-98% after charging. I can get the G-nex to show 100% but, I have to put it back on the charger immediately after removing it or take it off the charger right when it's fully charged. It doen't last long on 100%. either.

I read somewhere that when the phone gets fully charged and, it's still on the charger, it wil discharge a little. I forgot the reason I the does this. I think it has something with not ruining the battery.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It does have to do with not ruining the battery. Lithium batteries dont require over charging due to memory like the old NiCads did. Once it hits 100% it stops charging and starts discharging. After it reaches a point it will charge again to full and repeat the cycle. Ive pulled batteries off after it hits 100% though and slap it in the phone only for it to say 97-98%.

As for not lasting long at 100%, since I turned off touch sounds and lock screen sounds it seems to last a bit longer than it did prior.